Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
No, they are quite pitiful compared to Howling Banshees who are the same cost in points

·
Registered
222 Posts
thats the thing with every eldar unit. each unit has a very specific purpose. banshee's are for fighting marines and necrons, and scorpions are for everyhting else. with their high save, strength and #of attacks, they work well against hoard armies.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ok, now i definitely know i will be using Banshees against my brothers Necron Force.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Sure I like striking scorpions! I do it all the time...

Sorry .. couldn't resist... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Howling Banshees for fast hard hitting attacks, Scorpions for long drawn out combat. Simple

·
Registered
29 Posts
A striking scorpion squad led by a Farseer with Fortune is a great unit and I'd take it instead of hb's any day of the week.

You have starcannons to counter powerarmor!

lekrist

·
Registered
436 Posts
can i have some advice? my friend is using Tau, and im not sure whether to get Stiking scorps or Howlin Banshees... i was gonna get Banshees but after this topic im not sure. Help?

(LOL for Lakrist... This topic stopped a month ago! well done anyway... The eldar topic seems to be shutting down)...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Go for SS.

They got a better save, better strength, a bonus attack, better toughness (I think)

Overall, they just turn out better than Banshees.

But then again, Banshees hit first....and have power weapons. Damn them.

Still, I really don't care either way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
About banshees always striking first......there are not many models in 40k with a 5 in initiative, so ss will strike first in most cases.

I'm new here so I didn't notice it was an inactive thread :)

lekrist

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dont have the time to redo the math here but I seemed to remember that howling banshees where better or almost equal to stiking scorpions when it came to the standard horde stats. that is a T3 and a +5 save. now like people have said against orcs might as well go SS but against even most horde armies like IG, Nids and tau (well tau arent really horde but there as bad stats wise as most horde units). Oh and allways striking first is sweet

·
Registered
717 Posts
dont forget about the mandi blasters, you can cut down a few people before you charge into hand to hand. Also i hear they are going to revamp the scorpions to make them more effective.

·
Registered
819 Posts
:ph34r: Hb all the way, Because like everyone else said, they good on marrines and necron. but on everyone else, orks, dark eldar, ect, you throw your banshies at the HQ or powerfull other unit. :ph34r:

·
Registered
39 Posts
against tau id go for banshees in a wave serpant

this is because while they have some crappy troops, banshees would be better for hitting thier battlesuits, which can really be a pain

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.