Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desided to strip some paint off my plastic models. I hurd alot of wonderfull things about Easy-Off oven cleaners, but there are alot of varieties. Was wondering which one i should get? The 2 tipes that are available near me at Home Hardware are

Home Hardware Browsing Products

Can any1 give me sudgestions if i should get the Heavy Duty one or the Fume Free. I dont care about health consearns since i got alot of protection when it comes to using chemicals. Just want to have the best results.

Thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I haven't heard about easy off, but I use a household cleaner Simple Green; it's environmentally friendly and there are no toxic fumes. It's a liquid that you can by in either a spray bottle (like Windex) or a refill bottle without a spray nozzle. Fill up a small tuperware container and drop you models in; a few hours will usually do the trick, but I usually leave mine overnight. The next day, run the model under warm water and it should come clean; you may need to give it a light brushing with an old toothbrush, but just as often the paint will wash right off.

If you can't find it, the oven cleaner thing might work, but aerosol seems suspicious to me- I'd be worried about the spray on layer of the stuff drying on the model while you were waiting for it to do its thing, whereas with Simple Green, you're immersing the model in a liquid.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
I also reccomend SIMPLE GREEN. it's not harmful to plastic models, It's safer for your health, and safer for the environment. plus, i have models sitting in Simple green for over a month, (plastic SM assault troops) and the simple green still isn't harming the plastic. (but the paint is dripping off!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts