Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
übertyrant
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good way to remove paint from resin models? I'm asking this because I don't want to ruin the casting details in the process ;Y

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any suggestions for us in the UK? I can't get ahold of simple green for anything less than 30 dollars or more. Anyone in the UK with experience in stripping plastics without losing detail?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
What kind of dollars? 30 US sounds about right for a jug of the stuff. Remember they sell it super concentrated. 1/4 in water should be plenty to strip models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I had this trouble about a year ago, its probably the top reason I've stopped playing. :( I'm a student and can't afford to pay for suck luxuries.

However, if you want to strip them down to the primer, a good nail varnish remover and a toothbrush does the trick. Makesure the nail varnish revover HAS acetone in it (it's dangerous but hey, we live dangerously) and don't scrub too hard or you'll ruin the detail. It's ALOT of efford though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.