·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

This is a relatively quick question.

I've played a whooping 2-3 games in 6th. Not enough time :curse:

But here goes.

If I have a wall of martyrs Firestorm Redoubt (medium building) with its wide fire point rule. And I have a promethium relay pipe section within 2 inches (of the firepoint).

Then Embark a squad of X flamers (let's say 4 flamers from the IG command squad).

Can I make use of the "Fuel Siphon" rule when I fire my flamers?

Unless models in a building are treated as not being on the table at all, I think yes?

Yes, No (if so why not?)

Pure rule question here, as fluff can explain anything.

Also, no I'm not a Dbag as far as I can tell, just wondering about what I can do with my new book (I never play pickup games, but my "group" still like to use rules as they are (very few houserules) :handshake:
It's not insanely powerful, but 1-6 flamers with torrent will make people not get to close methinks (and it keeps my command squad safe for once!)

Thank you for your time.

·
4,967 Posts
I think you are streatching it quite a bit.

Models within 2" of the promethium pipes I think have to be on the table. A transport within 2" of the pipes (even if the firepoint is also in 2") isn't the same thing and the stronghold assault rules stop the tank itself from benefitting.

It would be like trying to fire a quadgun from within a chimera with the firepoint positioned near it.

There are exceptions where embarked troops in transports can use wargear they have to benefit others by measuring from the hull etc (e.g. imperial guard regimental standard) but these exceptions are noted.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Honestly as the rules are written I would have to say you could. It could be said that the redoubt was plumped to siphon off extra promethium but the pipeline only states that any non vehicle units that fire a flamer weapon benefit from the rule. Hell by that rule you could be inside a vehicle and use it. Now the , vehicle itself can't but until they FAQ it then you could be inside a vehicle or building. Unless there is a rule somewhere about being inside something negates surrounding benefits.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I would have to say no. Rules as written, the model within 2" of the relay pipe is the Redoubt, not the infantry inside the Redoubt. An analogous situation is my Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest. Models nearby get Feel No Pain. Nearby is a Rhino with a plasma gun Marine inside. Staying inside, the Marine fires his plasma gun, overheats and fails his armor save. He cannot then claim a FNP save because his specific model is not the one in range of the Priest.

This means you could put your flamer guys on the battlement of the Redoubt and use the rule... because now their physical models are within 2".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would have to say no. Rules as written, the model within 2" of the relay pipe is the Redoubt, not the infantry inside the Redoubt. An analogous situation is my Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest. Models nearby get Feel No Pain. Nearby is a Rhino with a plasma gun Marine inside. Staying inside, the Marine fires his plasma gun, overheats and fails his armor save. He cannot then claim a FNP save because his specific model is not the one in range of the Priest. happy wheels

This means you could put your flamer guys on the battlement of the Redoubt and use the rule... because now their physical models are within 2".
Don't take the lack of responses as an indication that no one cares... They probably just haven't really felt the need to look for themselves, and thus don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts