Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a question about using Summon Undead Horde: does this only confer 1 wound total if used on non-infantry, ethereal, or vamp or since it uses 3d6 be possible to achieve 1 wound per separate unit of non-infantry, ethereal or vamp. This in turn would allow for a total of 3 wounds across 3 different units because of using 3 dice for a single casting. The wording in the book makes it sound like you can only gain 1 wound. Period.

And another question about using the summon is can this be coupled with the summon ghouls, skellies, and bats so that you could get 3d6 guys added to your unit. I would say no (but would really want a yes) as the summoning power for a vamp states that is causes the IoN to allow you to increase the units size. I'm trying to figure out the ins and outs of the gray areas of the rules as I'm entering into a tourney at the end of the month and would prefer to know all of this beforehand rather than have to be shamed by an all knowing VC player who has played WH for 25 years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got a question about using Summon Undead Horde: does this only confer 1 wound total if used on non-infantry, ethereal, or vamp or since it uses 3d6 be possible to achieve 1 wound per separate unit of non-infantry, ethereal or vamp. This in turn would allow for a total of 3 wounds across 3 different units because of using 3 dice for a single casting. The wording in the book makes it sound like you can only gain 1 wound. Period.
yes, they only gain 1 wound, BUT you can divide number of generated (heal)wounds across the entire table. like: you generate 11 wounds => 1 for the vampire, one for the spirit hosts, 1 for the Black knights, 5 for skeletons, etc etc...

And another question about using the summon is can this be coupled with the summon ghouls, skellies, and bats so that you could get 3d6 guys added to your unit. I would say no (but would really want a yes) as the summoning power for a vamp states that is causes the IoN to allow you to increase the units size. I'm trying to figure out the ins and outs of the gray areas of the rules as I'm entering into a tourney at the end of the month and would prefer to know all of this beforehand rather than have to be shamed by an all knowing VC player who has played WH for 25 years.
the summon ghouls/skellies/creatures vampiric power is only with IoN, which is another spell than summon undead horde.
Summon undead horde is a bit similar to IoN, nothing more...

If I'm wrong, correct me ;-)
sorry for any mistakes in my english :p

cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, your English is better than mine. Though a keyboard can be a bad representation of how we all speak, :D

Thanks for the answer. That makes sense on how the wounds are allocated with the Summon spell. And I believe your right on the summoning extra guys to a unit. I do not believe it would be allowed. Only by using IoN is it possible. Such is the way with Warhammer. Can't have it all!

·
Registered
80 Posts
summon undead horde acts as if casting a bigger IoN, so i have always played that you can use it with summoning powers. if i am mistaken correct me but i belive it says somewhere in summon undead horde to place models as per the IoN spell

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is great news! The funny thing is that I had read the FAQS before but completely ignored this rather black and white statement. If anything this can allow me to draw out a large amount of dispel dice and then allow me to use IoN anyways. Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.