Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bored and decided to post this army list up to see what people think of it and whether this concept would be able to work against a variety of players. The General idea is Vypers are for tank hunting, war walkers are for infantry hunting with the two types of weapons to ensure the enemy won't target specific squadrons, the avatar, autarch and the storm guardians will advance in a way to cover the regular guardians from heavy fire so they can take objectives or tie up enemies.

HQ
Autarch @ 110 PTS
Weapons: Fusion Gun, Power Weapon
Wargear: Swooping Hawk Wings, Mandiblasters

TROOPS
10 Guardians @ 85PTS
Upgrades: Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardians @ 85PTS
Upgrades: Shuriken Cannon

11 Storm guardians @ 100PTS
Upgrades: Flamer, Flamer

5 Rangers @ 120PTS
Upgrades: Pathfinder

11 Storm guardians @ 100PTS
Upgrades: Flamer, Flamer

Fast Attack
3 Vyper @ 205PTS
Upgrades: Eldar missile Launcher, Eldar missile Launcher, Bright Lance
3 Vyper @ 205PTS
3 Vyper @ 205PTS

Heavy Support
3 War Walker @ 210PTS
Upgrades: Star Cannon, Star Cannon, Star Cannon, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser
3 War Walker @ 210PTS
Upgrades: Star Cannon, Star Cannon, Star Cannon, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser
3 War Walker @ 210PTS

total: 2000pts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think you'd get more mileage from dropping the brightlances and turning them into EMLs, then giving your storm guardians fusion guns.

Additionally convert the starcannons into EMLs aswell, then give your storm guardians a warlock with a power.

My 2c.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think that the storm guardians could be better off sticking with the flamers, if you go with the fusion guns then that is 2 shots at BS3 but the flamers have a much better chance at getting things and i imagine with the antitank you have just now you would hopefully be able to crack transports so the flamers can do their jobs, I would agree with the warlock though, i favour them with destructor in a similar unit, the extra template is always rather nice

While the starcannons are nice they are expensive for what they do and with bs3 there is a good chance they will be missing a fair bit of the time anyway but i have to say that i like the concept of the unit

Hope this hasn't been too much of a ramble

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree w/ other two posts, Just a thought instead of a warlock, find a few xtra points and add Eldrad instead of the Autarch have him guide two different War walker squads, thats a lot of hits, He could even fortune a Squad if they are making cover saves.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like the look of the list, though I would say go full EMLs on the Vypers and Full Scatter Lasers on the Walkers.

From there, warlocks in the Storm Guardian squads would be useful, but not as necessary with the Avatar. You could also boost the Pathfinder squad to 6-8 models giving you a better MC killing unit.

Another tactic you might try is having a second Autarch instead of the Avatar. Admittedly with that your troops would have to be heavily modified. But, by having two Autarchs your reserve rolls would be boosted enough to allow for amazing "Alpha Strike" capability. This would be helpful in this type of list due to the amount of low AV units you have. With so many you will need to take down as much as possible on the turn they come in, as they will fall quickly to any serious counter attack.

Still... I like and may have to give it a whirl one day.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bring some air freshener, cause your opponent is going to poop himself when he sees all fo those vypers and war walkers! Will certainly look very cool on the table!

·
Registered
33 Posts
when I first looked at this list I thought "cool, is this list supposed to make someone spend 1k on 40k lol" If I had the spare cash I would buy this just to scare the shit out of my opponent.

·
Registered
350 Posts
when I first looked at this list I thought "cool, is this list supposed to make someone spend 1k on 40k lol" If I had the spare cash I would buy this just to scare the shit out of my opponent.
What!? You don't have 9 War Walkers and 9 Vypers just laying around? =D

·
Registered
33 Posts
What!? You don't have 9 War Walkers and 9 Vypers just laying around? =D
No I dont, I dont even own anything Eldar or Warhammer 40k yet, except for a codex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts