Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright NFL fans, If you saw the playoff games and did your math homework you'll have
probably noticed that the seahawks and the steelers are going to be duking it out in two
weeks. For 21 years the Hawks have never made it this far, and its a very big thing for
seattle to actually make it to the Bowl. For the steelers and the broncos today was also
a big game.

On non biased opinions, who do you think will romp and stomp? What are your predictions
for the two teams?

What kind of defence and offence do you think you'll see? What are your rushing guesses
ect?

Whats the score prediction?

I'll have my say.

watching todays game gave me some big hope for the Hawks, coming from seattle,
I'm all hyped about this. There was some good D, Hawks were able to get three
turn arounds and did some good offensive for Shawn Alexander. I'm placing my
hopes with anything from 17's to the 30s for the Hawks.

·
628 Posts
I've been a Seahawk fan since I was stationed in Fort Lewis Washington. I haven't had a lot to cheer about from them except here lately. But if your going to be a fan you take the good with the bad. ( I'm also a Buffalo fan so I know all about super bowl disappointment. )

The Seahawks were my pick at the begining of the season ( although I honestly thought they would face off against Indianapolis ).

I'm not sure if it can be said of Pittsburgh that they are really dominating their games so much as the teams they have been facing just don't seem to being playing all that well. You know the old saying though, "Any given sunday...."

That seems to be true of the Steelers who seem to have caught Indianapolis and Denver looking past them.

If Pittsburgh can step to the next level and if the Seahawks can continue to play their 'A' game this could be as good a Super Bowl as the 'New England/Carolina' game which in my view has been the best one in recent years and certainly of the new millenia.

Seahawks 31 Pittsburgh 24

Go Seahawks!

Just my 2 cents.

·
The Uncivil Servent
900 Posts
Out of curiosity why is this post in the enhanced discussion forum DJ, would it not be more appropriate in the General and off topic forum.

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Living in Australia, I have no idea who's playing, how they've played the year so far, and what the chances are, but I'm still going to watch the Super Bowl live, just like I do every year. If you tell me the Seahawks are going to win, then I'll barrack for them.
:w00t: GO SEAHAWKS! :w00t:

(errr....what are their colors?) :wacko:

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I live just across the water from Seattle, so I love the 'Hawks!:w00t:

I also love the 'BUS too, and would love to see him win the Superbowl, but not at the expense of Seattle.

My Favorite team is the Rams though, so next year will be making the pilgramige to Seattle and Paul Allen's field.

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, preferably, i decided that this would be in a more mature forum, if it were placed
into the general forums it would probably end up in a flame war, with posts saying
"this team sucks" or "that team sucks."

The seahawks probably wouldnt have won the game if they hadnt concentrated on
frusterating Smith of the Panthers. I think and we all know that the game was won
with defence, and smashing offence with most of the steam roller blitzes.

One move supprised me at the end, where Shawn Alexander punched right through
the Panthers D line. And of course we all know, that that gave us the chance to
ultimatly win with about 5 or less minutes on the clock.

·
418 Posts
Well, even in this "enhanced" forum, I am going to say that the Steelers suck.

I hate Ben Roethlisberger. I also hate Matt Hasselbeck. I like the Falcons and Mike Vick.

But onto the point.

I think the Seahawks will win it. Both teams are fairly new in terms of the Superbowl. Sure, the Steelers' team have been in many times before, but they only have one cornerback bench-warmer who's been in it.

The Seahawks have 5 or 6 players who have Superbowl experience.

And they have Shaun Alexander. The end.

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The paper has been doing some reporting on the steelers and I've been doing my homework. The steelers have a well built team, both offensive and defencive. They've been
to the superbowl 4 or more times. Seems to me that the strategy of the steelers is
a smash them and roll them with defence and offense. I have come to concluded
that they're playing style might be enough to offset the seahawks. Either that or it will
be a very close game.

Oh yes I specifically said no flaming, this is a professional thread and will adhere to
as such, I would prefer you say i dislike this team due to such and such facts. I'm trying
to gain an inteligent conversation and exchange of information and opinions.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
It will certainly be interesting.

Both teams have a great, agressive defense, and ball-control running offenses. The 'Hawks also have Grant Wistrom, one of my old Ram Superbowl left-overs.

I'd bet the 'Hawks by 4.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not a huge fan of either team but I guess I'll have to go with the Steelers just because they beat my team (Cincinnati Bengals), are from the same conference/division, and that it would be nice to see Jerome Bettis retire from the game with a Superbowl ring on his finger won in his hometown of Detroit.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Well, first off, I would like to say that I am bitter that Da Bears got knocked off, so early in the playoffs.

To the topic, tho, I would have to say the Steelers. Both teams have dominant running backs, good lines, (on both sides of the ball). What the Steelers have is Ben Roethlisburger. For the older fans, does he remind anyone else of John Elway, (aside from the Horse teeth of course). Also, I Have noticed that Matt Hasselback can get flustered if you pressure him to much. Ben doesn't seem to have that problem. Neither QB has been to the big dance, so, that's not a factor. As to the score, I don't guess at that stuff. I think it will start a physical game, a lot of pounding the ball, maybe a fight or two. Later in the game it will go airborne and MIGHT turn into a shootout. I think Alexander will get shut down early, (he'll still break a couple big ones, but, for the most part he'll be ineffective), and the Bus won't have a huge avg, but. he just keep pounding and get his yards, (close to a hundred).

If you want a urefire prediction, (this one hasn't failed yet), watch which team seems to be enjoying themselves more. They'll win. In 19 superbowls, this has been accurate, (first one I watched was Da Bears kicking around the Pats in XX).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts