Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear LO Community,

While browsing through the Imperial Guard Codex, i noticed the dirt cheap cost of the surveyor as a piece of wargear. My question is how frequently do IG players take the surveyor for night fight and cities of death scenarios? I thought the surveyor would provide some protection for heavy weapons teams against pesky infiltrators.

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
Dear LO Community,

While browsing through the Imperial Guard Codex, i noticed the dirt cheap cost of the surveyor as a piece of wargear. My question is how frequently do IG players take the surveyor for night fight and cities of death scenarios? I thought the surveyor would provide some protection for heavy weapons teams against pesky infiltrators.
I sometimes take surveyors (typically only when I'm a couple of points under a full points army), but VERY rarely get a chance to use them.

Remeber, it says you get a free shot, but it doesn't say that you can ignore all the normal rules for shooting - you will still need to be able to actually see the unit you are shooting at.

This means that this piece of wargear more than often will be useless, but if you can get it to work, it can be awesome.

·
2,399 Posts
Dear LO Community,

Never. Get a boltgun/pistol, or krak grenade, or even a searchlight or anything else.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless GW changes the rule for the surveyor to detect enemy units not in LOS as well as ignore night fighting rules, this piece of equipment would probably not see the light of day.
I was beginning to get some ideas for the surveyor after reading the novel "Dark Apostle" where elements of the Elysians were probing the cave complexes for hidden Terminators with a Surveyor and heavy flamer combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts