Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a blck templar army w/

1 rhino

7 guys w/ storm bolters

1 guy w/ missle launcher

1 guy w/ plasma gun,

2 guys w/ power fist. 1 w/ power wep

9 guys w/ bolt pistols and cc wep.

i am currently thinking of combining with the Space wolves as they seem to be geared towards CC+have better models (imo)....so where to start? im thinking of having the magority SW and some BT as allies. is this possible? or the otherway around would be better? please help!!! :cry:

·
Banned
124 Posts
i believe that the space wolves are more independent than BT so i'm not sure about the allies thing
however if you choose BT you could fight alongside the SW in a crusade. this may make your idea i little more believeable but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Black Templars and Space Wolves cannot ally in the same army. The only way to play both at once is to use 2 force organisation charts, effectively using 2 separate armies, which is not normally allowed in tournaments and only suitable for battles of at least 2000 points really.
You could use both SW and BT models and just use one codex: For example, you could use the SW codex and model the Blood Claws packs as Black Templars. It would be legal, and to some extent fluffy (chapters do cooperate in larger campaigns, an example is in Black Gobbo), but it wouldn't be perfect. Space Wolves and Black Templars are relatively similar though so maybe you can come up with better matches than me :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so the bottom line is they cannot ally...oh well ill go with what Tubal said and use some space wolves as BT...unless of course SW are better at CC than BT. post your opnions. thanks guys.

·
Registered
443 Posts
First off, how do you have 7 guys with storm bolters do you mean bolters?

When you ask which is better what are you looking at? I havent looked at the new BT codex but i do play space wolves which are a very cc army. So i will tell you about the wolves.

Space wolves regular troops are Grey Hunters and Blood Claws
Grey Hunters are nice to have but you should really go for Blood Claws. You need one sqquad of hunters so just give them a rocket launcher and set them up for shooting.

Blood Claws are a good unit to have. One squad can be made up of 15 claws and you can have 3 power fists in there. THey also have a charge which gives them another attack on the charge giving them 4 attacks per guy. So this means 12 power fist / power weapon attacks along with 48 other attacks. But there also is a downside because their WS is lower than a normal marine.

If you want a cc army go with the wolves because they are imo better then the BT. And to answer your question you cant have SW and BT allied because then you would need to charts.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Unless you're planning on using a lot of Neophytes or making use of the extra LRCs you can get, I'm not so sure if Black Templars are really worth it. The vows are good and can give you an extra punch (especially if you know who you will be fighting in advance), however you're paying a good 2 points per model to get those abilities. That's practically enough to buy a veteran skill which would come without any drawbacks. Righteous Zeal can be interesting when used with Rhinos or Drop Pods though. Then again, I may just not understand them well.

There's nothing that says you can't mix models though, so yeah, go for mixing some Wolf and BT models. Just so that people don't jump up and down, assume I repeated the comment on FoCs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts