Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1750 Wolf Guard list i think is pretty good:

HQ:
Logan Grimnar 275 (to allow the Wolf guard as troops :p)
Rune Priest 100 (JOTWW, LL)

TROOPS:
Wolf Guard x5 (TDA, Combi-plasma x5, Chainfist) 205
-Drop Pod- 35

Wolf Guard x5 (TDA, Combi-Melta x5, Chainfist) 205
-Drop Pod-

Wolf Guard x5 (TDA, 2WC x3 (3 models with 2 Wolf Claws....) 2x WC/SS) 265

Wolf Guard x5 (TDA, 1x TH/SS, 1x CF/SS, 1x FA/SS, 1xFS/SS, 1x WC/SS) 295

FAST:
Fen.Wolves x10 80

Fen.Wolves x10 80

HEAVY:
Long Fangs x5 (MMx2, MLx2) 115
-Drop Pod- 35

Long Fangs x5 (LC x2, MLx2) 145

Tactics:
Logan and Rune Priest in Drop Pod with Long Fangs.......
They come down turn one, with one of the Combi squads... depending on what needs dealing with more.....
The other 2 squads foot slog accros the board, with wolves in front of them, acting as a distraction :p with the back up of the other Long Fang squad.......
Anyway.... most people might think its crap, i think its ok, not that sure about it, just made it up, i changed 3/4 things while making it.... (like making 2 squad of wolf guard foot slog.....)
(I could take out second Long Fang sqaud or Fen.Wolves to give other wolf guard Drop Pods.... or i take Drop Pods out altogether? not sure.... :S 0

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Your 2 WG units on foot is too slow. By the time they footslog into the action, the other 2 WG units in pods will probably already be dead. Basically, the podders have no support. It's 2 units against the your opponent's entire army.

You need your support to get there much faster. Either use an all-drop pod army, get TWC's or swiftclaws, get LR/LRC/LRR transports for your foot WG's, or drop them in favor of GH's in rhinos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.