Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a new space wolf army starting up and was wondering if anyone out there uses lone wolves often and how would anyone suggest they be equipped?

I have used them twice, once with mark of the wulfen, two wolves, and a plasma pistol. It did well, killed an IG veteran squad single handed in CC, but both wolves died so quickly i didn't take them in my next game. In that game, he died before turn 2... no loss points wise, but disappointing nonetheless. any comments?

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
Most people here use them with a SS and either a TH, PF or MotW. Commonly he gets run up behind some armor and than assaults something nasty or a vehicle so an entire unit doesn't have to limit itself.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Do a search of the forums. There have been a few threads posted about Lone Wolves. That will give you some additional opinions.
I for one think they are fun to use and can cause your enemy untold problems. His main use is to get into CC, so kit him out accordingly. Run him up behind armor for a little protection from fire. The wolves are also good for ablative wounds while he's getting to CC. If they are still alive when he gets there, great! As for his load out, everyone has different opinions. I've been running him in power armor with dual wolf claws for maximum dicey dicey.
Overall, Lone Wolves are fun and fluffy. Its debatable, but I believe they will be rare in hard-core tourney builds since they are still lone models and can be avoided/shot. But, they still have their place and can definitely be a viable option in a competitive build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts