Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it look weird if I used Scouts as mounts for TWC?

Reasn I ask is that the models loks less bulkier and they wouldnt look as bad as a full on power armoured sw.

The scouts armour makes it lok like they are lighter, and thusly can move on wolves muh better. The extra stats from the fact they are mounted could be claimed to be the wolves stats, not the rider?

Just an idea. I wanna use the best possible model for this, as its probably going to be the centrepiece of my unit.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Would it look weird if I used Scouts as mounts for TWC?
Technically, your question indicates that the scouts are the mount, i.e. they are what the rider is riding. Of course, we get what you mean, just thought I'd point it out. It may look kind of funny to model that, but whatever floats your boat.
As Tyfus stated, the key is finding the right wolf. (Unless you want to shell out $41 per Canis model) If you get a large enough wolf, a power armored marine will look in proportion. The GW Wolves are too small to model as mounts, even for scout armor. I haven't done a search, but you could probably find other vendors with appropriate wolves for modelling.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've used D&D Dire Wolves as TWC mounts, but I've seen other people using other models with somewhat success. None of the models I've seen or done look even close to Canis which is, in my opinion, one of the coolest models I've ever seen. And since we don't have a TWC model, just make sure that whatever you decide is sitting on a base that is the same size as Canis (60mm).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically, your question indicates that the scouts are the mount, i.e. they are what the rider is riding. Of course, we get what you mean, just thought I'd point it out. It may look kind of funny to model that, but whatever floats your boat.
As Tyfus stated, the key is finding the right wolf. (Unless you want to shell out $41 per Canis model) If you get a large enough wolf, a power armored marine will look in proportion. The GW Wolves are too small to model as mounts, even for scout armor. I haven't done a search, but you could probably find other vendors with appropriate wolves for modelling.
HAHAHA! I most definitely didnt mean that, lol. Shows i need to proof read my posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.