Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a concept for a list im eager to try. The plan is 2x Chosen Squads, and a squad of Termies. Then as many 20 man Undivided squads as possible, with 2 meltas and a PF. They will run across the table while the enemy fights the first wave. When theres 60 chaos marines in your deployment zone you get worried.

Can anyone lend a hand as this could be hard to pull off >.>

Also, do you think Daemons would be another way to get the model count up? I want the model count above 100 :D

Its 1500 points by the way :p

Thanks in advance

Archy

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, good idea. However keep this here so people can help with how i can play this type of list :)

Thanks Katie, havent seen you in a while >.>

Archy

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
HQ
Daemon Prince
-MoS
-LoS
-Wings
155pts

ELITES
5 x Terminators
-Heavy Flamer
-4 Combi Plasmas
-Icon of Khorne
205pts

10 x Chosen
-4 Meltas
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Fist
-Icon of Chaos Glory
265pts

10 x Chosen
-4 Meltas
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Fist
-Icon of Chaos Glory
265pts

TROOPS
20 x Chaos Space Marines
-2 Meltas
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Fist
370pts

20 x Chaos Space Marines
-2 Meltas
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Fist
370pts

20 x Chaos Space Marines
-2 Meltas
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Fist
370pts

2000pts
86 models

good luck getting 100 models in 1500pts w/o being all daemons :s

·
609 Posts
1500 pts, even if you ONLY did basic CSM with no upgrades, due to having to have a HQ, you could only get 95 models. And you'd have no way to hunt any sort of tank. You'd just have 94 CSM, and a lord with no upgrades.

Essentially... there's no way to make a good list with out dropping men for weapons.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is the best I can do with the given constraints.

HQ - Chaos Sorceror (150)
MoS
Wings
Lash of Submission
Melta Bombs

Elites - 10x Chosen (245)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Troops - 17x CSM (325)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Troops - 17x CSM (325)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Troops - 17x CSM (325)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Heavy Support - Predator (130)
Autocannon
2x Lascannon sponsons

Total: 1500

62 infantry models, 1 vehicle model. Hide Sorcerer in one of the CSM squads.

This is a slight variation on the above idea, possibly more in keeping with your original vision.

HQ - Chaos Sorceror (150)
MoS
Wings
Lash of Submission
Melta Bombs

IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Troops - 19x CSM (355)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Troops - 19x CSM (355)
IoCG
2x Meltagun
Asp Champ + PFist

Heavy Support - 2x Obliterators (150)

Total: 1500

61 infantry models! Just barely over the minimum.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woah im not asking for lists, im perfectly capable of doing it myself, Chaos were my second army! (Thought appreciates however)

And yeah i just realised how stupid i am. how much is 100 Chaos Marines. Oh yeah....

Ok, is 80 doable? :p

I just want the general thoughts on the tactic thats all :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
If your going for max bodies I'd loose the chosen. As a general rule you want to preserve your expensive units (depending on a ratio of cost per model vs toughness) and try and force your opponent to deal with cheaper guys first. Putting chosen in front will probably end up in the chosen doing all the dying early on and being outnumbered in CC.

Instead, have your elites deep strike or come up behind your large squads (in 5th ed. when LoS is blocked by your own squads.) Also, your infantry are going to take a lot of punishment running across the board if your facing a shooty guy. Take icons of Nurgle or Tzeench! They're expensive but points per model is really reduced when your taking 20 guys per icon! It's going to be difficult to cause moral tests with shooting when you need to kill so many guys, especially with invul. saves or toughtness 5.

For an HQ, realize your going to be shot at a lot in many cases, so a statured HQ will be a target of priority. A really choppy lord or sorcerer would fit the bill. Consider a sorcerer with LoS to make up for your lack of speed, or a special HQ. So many of the best HQ's are on foot, like your army will be. Kharn comes to mind immediately. Whatever you do I think a strong HQ is in order with so few powerweapons around. Awsome mounts like the Kornate juggarnaught and nurgle palinquin are often not used because they cant keep up in most lists but you wont have that problem.

Elites are mostly up to you. Termies are a good choise cause they wont start on the board and make up for a lack of powerweapons too. Most likely they arent going to be late to the party since your taking the long way with your infantry.

After that all I can say is you may be in trouble against mech armies. Meltas wont cut it with such slow units. You can probbly afford two or three backup heavy weapons to help you deal.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your going for max bodies I'd loose the chosen. As a general rule you want to preserve your expensive units (depending on a ratio of cost per model vs toughness) and try and force your opponent to deal with cheaper guys first. Putting chosen in front will probably end up in the chosen doing all the dying early on and being outnumbered in CC.

Remember, a Chosen is the same points as a CSM paying for infiltrate in the old book. Hence i dont treat em as Chosen, just normal Marine Squads (2 plasmas and a fist).

Probably cos of my Night Lord Heritage...

As such my chosen are usually just a bit more than my CSM :)

Archy out

·
Registered
419 Posts
Maybe, but I saw your list, 8 chosen cost you 219 while 18 regular marines cost you 300 right? That makes your chosen about 50% more expensive when you add in the upgrades. Consider what I said.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
179 without the fist. If i gave the normal squads the fists it would be ok i spose. But i want the fists up near em at the beginning. I love Power Fists i do :D

But if i was going pure horde it would be 85ish CSMs, about 3 power Fists and Melta Guns. And an HQ.

Mech would have fun with me, but i might havr to take plasma to deal with the ranged vehicles. But 85 CSMs is hard to kill :O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.