Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ (169)

Codicier Librarian, Fear of the Darkness, Familiar, Bike, Terminator Honors, Combat Shield, Close Combat Weapon, Frag & Krak Grenades

ELITES (564)

Bike Squad w/ furious charge, frag grenades (237)
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter, flamer
1x Veteran Sergeant w/ 2x LC, combat shield

Bike Squad w/ furious charge, frag grenades (237)
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter, flamer
1x Veteran Sergeant w/ 2x LC, combat shield

Scout Bikes w/ tank hunters, frag grenades, melta bombs (90)
3x Scout bikes

TROOPS (876)

Bike Squad w/ frag grenades (244)
1x Biker w/ twin bolter
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter, melta gun
1x Veteran Sergeant w/ twin bolter, power fist, close combat weapon
1x Attack Bike w/ multi-melta

Bike Squad w/ frag grenades (244)
1x Bikers w/ twin bolter
1x Attack Bike w/ multi-melta

Bike Squad w/ frag grenades (180)
2x Bikers w/ twin bolter
1x Sergeant w/ twin bolter

Bike Squad w/ frag grenades (208 )
3x Bikers w/ twin bolter
1x Biker w/ twin bolter, flamer

FAST ATTACK (240)

Tornado Speeder w/ assault cannon, heavy bolter (80)

Comments?

Sabre

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks good to me. 30 bikes is deadly.

If your opponents set up near the table edge, set up your librarian 12" up form oyurs, then turbo-boost 24", then use fear of the darkness. No one expects somethign 36" away to make them run off the table. I did it to Ebon hand a few days ago (except a LRC instead of a bike) and made 5 assault terminators run off the table.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Covering the Hatches

The scout bikes are an excellent 1st-turn threat too. Scout move + normal move usually gets me right up to enemy transport vehicles.

Preferred melta bomb targets include ... Ravager-borne dark eldar HQs, Imperial Guard artillery pieces, all forms of land-raider, esp. with Termies inside, and that goes double for those Black Templar Crusaders with 15 passengers ... 'cause 3 bikes covering 3 access points + melta bombs = 500 points down the drain.

Sabre

·
Registered
49 Posts
My only comment is to make the Scout Bikes an elite choice since in order to have them as troops they have to be 5 strong. I assume you want them for a cheap, first turn LR popper.

Otherwise, looks like a fun, well themed list. Bikes are alot of fun.

·
975 Posts
Dude the list is awsome. Do you really have that many bikes cause that is insane and expensive but so incrediably cool. Man i wish I had 30 bikes. That is like the ultimate raids army and the librarian could possibly make an entire army of low leadership troops fall back off of the board and the rest of the bikes coud really cause a problem for a lot of units. The only problem I have with this is the lack of anti chaos space marine killing power. But could be an easy thing to change since plasma cost the same as melta. Awsome list. And an even cooler army.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Deek said:
Dude the list is awsome. Do you really have that many bikes cause that is insane and expensive but so incrediably cool. Man i wish I had 30 bikes. That is like the ultimate raids army and the librarian could possibly make an entire army of low leadership troops fall back off of the board and the rest of the bikes coud really cause a problem for a lot of units.
Haha. Thanks man. That's way better than a rep point. Yeah, I don't have that many bikes. I have a lot of chaos, about 150 models, and that's about it right now. Got rid of my old marine army to make room for them. Unfortunately, my chaos guys are getting their asses kicked in this new, fire-power focused 4th edition, so unless I buy 9 oblits for my Iron Warriors (which I have considered, with great distaste), I am going to have to change gears. If I do this, I'll get the bikes secondhand.

Deek said:
The only problem I have with this is the lack of anti chaos space marine killing power. But could be an easy thing to change since plasma cost the same as melta. Awsome list. And an even cooler army.
Hmmm. I don't like plasma on loyalist bikes because it doesn't count at stationary. ARGH. Melta guns crack chaos just fine, they cause instant death, and they get that double-penetration thing on armor. Unless you can give me 2 plasma shots (rapid fire) it ain't worth it. Oh yeah, and plasma guns, like crack, can kill. Dammit.

kycer said:
My only comment is to make the Scout Bikes an elite choice since in order to have them as troops they have to be 5 strong. I assume you want them for a cheap, first turn LR popper.

Otherwise, looks like a fun, well themed list. Bikes are alot of fun.
Hmmm. Your are kerrekt, on both counts. They are for first-turn vehicle popping (I've seen it done and people HATE it ... but somehow it isn't cheese.)

I could slot them fast attack, and make one of the LST squadrons 2 strong. To make them an elite choice I think I have to give them vet skills. Would tankhunters improve on meltabombs? Even if it would, they are supposed to be CHEAP, as in, not even a vet sergeant with a powerfist, cause they are gonna die. Poor fellas. Tankhunters = more points.

Opionions?

Sabre

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
First group of edits

In order of cost/significance ...

1) I dropped the attack bike/multi-melta from the 3rd troop bike squad, to make room for two melta-gun bikers.

2) I dropped a flamer from the 4th troop bike squad to give all of my veteran sergeants and my librarian cc weapons. Used the two leftover points for krak grenades on the librarian.

3) I gave the scouts tank hunters, and move them to the elites section.

Comments?

Sabre

NEW EDIT: Also, I could drop the lightning claws for powerfists and bring back that 3rd mutli-melta, but with 2 mutli-meltas, the scout squad, and the dual-melta squad, I feel like I have enough anti-tank. Anyone think powerfists are better than the LCs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts