Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DING
1,740 Posts
For my powerswords i usually undercoat them black. Then paint the blade fully with regal blue, then from the tip to about half way down the blade i paint ultramarines blue. I don't blend this in with the regal blue on the lower half (because i am not good enough and i cant) but i find that the finished product looks good anyway. To finish it off i get my thinest brush and paint a white tip to the sword and from there do sort of a zig-zag lightening effect the whole way down the sword with lots of lightening near the tip but only one or two lines near the hilt. It looks really cool (i think) and really gives the effect of a electric/power effect. I will try to get a pic up in the gallery if i can concinve my friend to let me borrow his digitil camera

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Who says that the power sword is an electric sword...

Try to give the impression that the sword is an ice sword...
Give it a coat of thinned out regal blue, ultramarines blue or whatever...
Highlight it out from that.
Make the darkest tones at the hilt, then make it progressivly lighter outwards...
But also give special attention to edges and mark these out in progressivly lighter tones, starting at the base coulour out to ice blue and eventually stark white...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blending on a power weapon always makes it look cool, But you don't neccesarily need to use blues, I often experiment with different colors to see which one will contrast with my models. I like to use contrasting colors so that my opponents eyes will be undoubtably drawn to the "Big Bad Weapon" just to remind him of the beating he is about to receive...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Here's areal challenge, try to make the sword glow...
As in glow for real...

First you can try triterium... unfortunantly it costs something like hmm many times the value of gold.... and it's radioactive...

Or you could try moulding a sword of transparent plastic an fix an LED inside... difficult, yes... possible yes...
Take it as a challenge everyone!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You got a point there... I have read it...
Let me see, maybe in the Black library book "Kill team"

But who sais that a power weapon isn't just some 1000 degrees celsius lava blade or laser sword... or light saber...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.