Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
We are a small company from North Yorkshire in the UK. We've just started up a 3D printing service for wargame scenery as we enjoy the hobby and would like to contribute something to the wargaming community. Some of our designs can be used in Warhammer, 40k and LOTR. We design plastic models and can do one-off showcase prints for any custom-made scenery design and would love to help any wargamer finish off that ideal board. Our latest project was a highly detailed search light which can rotate and swivel as required. An image can be seen below.

We are just starting out and are not selling anything specific yet but will be soon. You can keep up to date with us on Facebook and Twitter which are shown below and I can be contacted by email at [email protected] for further information . We look forward to working with you all and the rest of the Wargaming Community!

https://twitter.com/TabtopWorkshop
Tabletop Workshop - Leyburn, United Kingdom - Games/Toys | Facebook

Cheers,
Dan from Tabletop Workshop
:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can produce anything to be designed on CAD for one-off showcase prints. However, our main project is a range of highly detailed panels, bases, floors, and roofs that can be put together to make a variety of different buildings. We'll keep you updated on progress here! :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi, this sounds really interesting :)

What do you have is it SLS/ SLA? on the face of it I really am impressed with your quality, do you have to do much finishing on the part?

And finally what file types can you handle - I might just have something that needs making ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi, we have the software to handle most CAD formats but prefer a watertight .stl file. The printer is a polyjet which uses liquid resin. SL/SLA works in 0.1mm steps and leaves visible lines on the part. Ours works in 0.014/0.028 depending on material so it is a much better quality print.
Parts need to be cleaned when they come off which we do, but the plastic can be polished, painted, dyed. etc. Just private message me the details of your project on here or contact us through the email above! :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Cool. had heard about this sort of thing on the news but had not seen anything come of it since.

dont suppose it would be too much to ask for a life size Boltgun replica? :D

anyway i will have to keep my eye on this for my future scenery needs.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi, we have the software to handle most CAD formats but prefer a watertight .stl file. The printer is a polyjet which uses liquid resin. SL/SLA works in 0.1mm steps and leaves visible lines on the part. Ours works in 0.014/0.028 depending on material so it is a much better quality print.
Parts need to be cleaned when they come off which we do, but the plastic can be polished, painted, dyed. etc. Just private message me the details of your project on here or contact us through the email above! :)
Brilliant stuff! one last question, is the resin infiltrated with anything or is it neat? - all I'm really asking for is dimensional stability in sunlight and hot days as some resin systems are soft and sag under mild heat, even from a window on a sunny day.

STL files are no problem. Do you need a ground plane / supports or do you guys worry about all that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. had heard about this sort of thing on the news but had not seen anything come of it since.

dont suppose it would be too much to ask for a life size Boltgun replica? :D

anyway i will have to keep my eye on this for my future scenery needs.
A life size boltgun replicas such a cool idea but sadly I think it's slightly out of our league! :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone !

We have received a lot of questions from people who don't have a 3D printer yet but who were interested by our files that's why we have found a solution :

We are proud to announce you that we have secured a partnership with the French startup Dagoma and are now able to propose you a special pack including all the files in the Eccentric Engineer pledge and an affordable quality 3D printer : the Discovery200 for only 450€ (plus shipping).

Follow the link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vialudibunda/real-3d-fantasy-scenery-to-print-for-rpg-and-warga

1 - 16 of 16 Posts