Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
689 Posts
you won't beat eldar in cc so get get loads of shooting, lots of destroyers and immortals ans a couple of scarabs to hold the charging eldar. thats my tip to you, but i haven't won against eldar for some time now, always gets kicked by their power weapons :p

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i play eldar. u knwo how u beat eldar? u dont muahahah

no but serisouly, eldar can out shoot you so watch out. if they do it rihgt, u wont get to get back up fomr most of their shots so watch out. i ahte it so muchbut use the monolith...eldar like to bunch up and use defensive tactics...a well places particle whip will damage then severely

·
Registered
857 Posts
DON'T let their insta-kill units like Wraithstuff and various jetbikes get anywhere. Sniper Rifle-bearing Guardians are a problem, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem here is, I don't have a very big army. So, I believe my tactics will work great based on 1 thing.What is the Eldar's Ld??Mainly for Storm Guardians??

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can't say, unfortunately. GW doesn't like us saying stuff from the statlines. Go pick up or at least browse through a copy of the Codex. Or bring along some Pariahs, that way you'll KNOW what his leadership is!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aight, will do. But I got another question Storm Guardians. They any good??I know you can't tell me stats, but do the have any effects? In your opinion are they good? And what's the best tactic agaisnt them using Necrons?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Assuming they're similar to Guardians: use Scarabs. Low Toughness means they're actually at an advantage facing Sniper Rifles as opposed to other, stronger weapons, and they have three wounds each. Their low stats counteract the Sniper Rifles' bonuses, and their low point cost means you can field a lot. Five or six swarm bases will make mincemeat out of any Sniper Rifle figures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked my friend and he said that Storm Guardians don't have sniper rifles, so I thinkt here is a difference. I'll keep in mind what you said for regular guardians though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That post by Eldarstarta was me, if your confused. The kid I'm battlign is my friend, and that's his s/n. I didn't relize it but I was signe don his name, but ya that last post was by me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
against eldar it's lots shooting.

gauss rules: 6 is automatic glancing on the AP table.

goodbye many tanks of eldar.

ground troops..

lol necron were designed against eldar.
they have almost only ap 5 or 4.

only thing that is almost indestructible is the wraithlord, but nothing that a heavy destroyer can't penetrate..

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Having played Eldar for a couple years, i'll tell you some things I hated ( worked well on me ).

1. High strength and toughness ( basic on Cron is 4 & 4 ;) )

2. More mobility, faster. Scorpians have a bitch of a time getting into cc, so if you can make 'em take some extra turns chasing around destroyers...Try to sucker them in.

3.CC, for the most part strength and toughness 3, destroy them :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
best thing against eldar: THE MONOLITH
this behemoth can rip holes in the opponent's eldar army and they dont have a chance of taking it down except for wraithlords so just use one of these and all the weak armoured eldar will fall. Happened to me :D .

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Storm Guardians are the ones with swords

Ones with guns are either dire avengers or guardian defenders

The ones with sniper rifles are rangers

I don't know much about necrons but I do know that star cannons are lethal so watch out for them

·
Registered
153 Posts
best thing against eldar: THE MONOLITH
this behemoth can rip holes in the opponent's eldar army and they dont have a chance of taking it down except for wraithlords so just use one of these and all the weak armoured eldar will fall. Happened to me
true, if you deepstrike in the middle of their battleline..

every unit within 12'' inch of the monolith wil receive d6 s5 ap 4 shots..

, or get a full squad destroyers..
then you can really kick ass..

I don't know much about necrons but I do know that star cannons are lethal so watch out for them
true, you only need 2's to wound necron warriors with it, and it's ap2.

so no save, but we do get the WBB rol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts