Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is coming back with his O&G army, and wants me to use my WoC against him. I'm not particularly sure what exactly is in his army, but I was wondering if you guys had any advice on army construction and playing against O&G, probably at both 1000 and 2000 point levels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
At 2000 points he'll probably take a black orc boss in a large (20+) block of black orcs, a large unit of big 'uns, one or two big blocks of goblins full of fanatics, and a couple of chariots and a few units of wolf riders.

The chariots are deceptively fast, as are the wolf riders, so watch out for long-range charges and flank moves. Try to counter both of these units with your own fast cav or redirect them with dogs.

If he gets the charge off with his black orcs and an embedded combat character (especially a general) then you could be in trouble, but if you are able to charge him with your own general's unit you stand a good chance of breaking him in one turn of combat.

Dogs are worth their weight in gold for drawing out fanatics on turn one or two, when they are just as likely to decimate their own side as they are yours. Expect him to not go too magic heavy. When O&G magic works, it works spectacularly. When it doesn't, it's a huge points sink and more harm than good. Look for the banner that gives extra dispel dice equal to the unit's ranks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another point to add is that you will be greatly outnumbered. To counter this you can either field marauders and position them to take on the hordes so that your knights and warriors can have a better chance of fighting in their terms. I ran with slaanesh magic, hellshriek and estatic seizures are a great way to get rid of pesky goblins. However like it was pointedo ut earlier, if they have the Mork's spirit totem then you're looking at 3 or 4 extra dispel dice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.