Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a way to remove citadel paints and other commonly used paint from my models.
I have had minimal luck with paint thinner on citadel paints; this includes turpentine. When I have recieved a used model where someone has used Testors or a similar alchohol based paint I have found specially designed removers and general 97% thinner to work with much rubbing. Pewter figs seem to be able to soak in thinner and come out lighter, but plastic needs something else. A friend recomended brake fluid. Please advise...

[email protected]
[QUOTE]Common last words from the Deathkorps: "Eat buttstock foul deamon thing!"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only use this on metal minis.

Paint stripper from the local hardware shop will do it.

Get a shallow container, preferabley metal or it will melt plastic, put in the paint thinner and then the models. Leave them over night and then pull them out. Use thick gloves. Then clean them with an old toothbrush and wash them in lots of water.

there you have it. Just be careful paint stipper is nasty stuff and will hurt your skin.

hope this helps

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pine Sol works wonders for me, and it doesn't smell like the monkey house at the zoo either. Although I have not tested it with plasic minis yet, It only takes a few hours and all the old paint comes right off. Even worked on some of my really old figs...some are 10+ years old and had 3 or 4 coats of paint on 'em.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you water down your paints they are far easier to remove, they're a lot cheaper to use too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by panzerjeager@May 9 2003, 17:36
A friend recomended brake fluid. Please advise...
Mmm...brake fluid. Oh wait, that's anti-freeze...maybe I should stop talking now... :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.