Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone like me who loves 75% of the bestial vampire with the giant stupid wing over his head I found a quick solution for you. You can cut the arm off completely take the shoulder off as well. Then you need to get yourself Storm Vermin arms. The ones holding the halberds. There should be an armored arm the halberds and another hand attached. Cut away the halberd and hand and you have an arm with a similar armor style to the left hand. From there you can put on a shield or dress up the right arm to look a little cleaner without any niks in the armor. After that if you want a really clean job do it up with green stuff, but it doesn't look to bad right now before I've started to pretty it up. It's doable for anyone who can use flat headed cutters. Really quick I just wish that the bits order system was still up for people without access to storm vermin arms.

·
459 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the wing spoils a brilliant model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a pic. It isn't finished but this is where I am so far with the arm fixed in place and no green stuff work done yet.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Hmm, perhaps it's because of the way I'm used to seeing the model, but it seems like the pose is still better suited to an army reaching up. He looks like he's struggling with the weight of his sword =)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pose is a little off still. I'm going to put a shield on, lower the shoulder and restore the right pectoral muscle with green stuff. I'm hoping it will look more like he is climbing a heap of dead with a heavy shield. I'll put up another pick when I move on a little.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Ah yes! that would definitely work well if you remodeled his posture =). Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you put a big coffin lid pavise on his arm and stuck a few arrows in it, it would look like hes taking cover from fire in the pose he's currently in.

personally i love the batwing arm. i had to change out his sword of a bigger one though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
a flaming sword would look pretty nice if you panted it ethereally coloured rather flame.
we all know how undead and flame mix...poorly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update. I used the skin technique from the Manfred master class except that I went a little lighter. There are blue veins on the side of his head but I'm mainly looking for feed back on the pose. I brought the shoulder down a little from last time and fleshed out the right pectoral with some putty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.