Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Read this please! Hordes and Warmachine players should submit their points using the Mark II Point system. The goal is for a 75 point army over the course of a year, with an average of 7.5 points a month. Warcasters/Warlocks do not count towards points, but if presented will prevent a Joker being played. Please PM me with any questions, concerns, etc. as these rules are new and are negotiable.

In this thread members who signed up for this project will be required to post each month - on the 14th of the month the following items:

• A picture of their commitment level (see rules) of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
  • A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.
In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

Follow this handy link to the rules and FAQ if you are unclear on what you need to do!

The following entrants have Three Jokers remaining:

Trautz
Warmonkey
Jonojoe
DarcChipmunk
Sovietspace - Imperial Guard (40K)
Tekore - Khador

The following entrants have Two Jokers remaining:

Sovietspace - Imperial Guard (Epic)
Tekore - Imperial Fists
Strange
Minus_t
ArtificicallyEnhanced

The following entrants have used one Joker, and have one remaining:

Sir Spamalot
Kobalt 1974
Toxic
Morden

The following participants have used both Jokers and have none left:

Ilkar
Grungan
Hive Fleet Ruina
Pierced53
JohnnySD
closet.heretic
Carkeh
Schnookems
Keetoowah
Jando

The following participants have used all of their Jokers and are out of this round of Tale of Painters:

Almberg
Beatonthis
Deaddudewalking
Dhanhigh
Forumjayz
GhonnoreatheUntame
Glavas
Gorfang
HobbyGuy
JohnnySD
Kloma
Lost Nemesis
Plastic
SGluciousa
Skidman - Chaos Space Marines
Skidman - Imperial Guard
SKnight567
The Fungineer
TheOneTyrant
Tossy

45 Entrants started.
6 Entrants have three Jokers remaining (13%).
4 Entrants have two Jokers remaining (9%).
4 Entrants have one Joker remaining (9%).
10 Entrants have no Jokers remaining (22%).
21 Entrants have gone to the big Joker Heaven in the Sky, and dropped out of Tale of Painters (57%).

Good luck!

Tekore

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No probs, also, I stated in last month's entries that I have some new terrain for Christmas that I'd like to do for the ToP instead of figures for my army, is this OK or would you prefer "pointed" figures only?
I would really prefer pointed entries. I think I've been flexible with peoples' entries, but I think terrain might be a bit too much.

Tekore

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I would really prefer pointed entries. I think I've been flexible with peoples' entries, but I think terrain might be a bit too much.

Tekore
Sure thing. I'll see what I can stretch stuff to.

Also, I can't remember this being addressed before but do our armies have to be legal at the end of it? Or can I have 3 HQs and 4 fast attack slots done, for example?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
AE, here's the instructions / requirements from the original signup thread:

Tekore said:
* LEGAL 2000 (1000) point armies
* 200 (100) points per month
* First deadline: September 14th, 2009
* Last deadline: August 14, 2010
* 2 Jokers to use in the 12 month period
* The deadline for entries is the 14th of each month at 11:59 PM MST (GMT-6).

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is my entry for this deadline:

1 Defiler with heavy Bolters and additional CCW ( 150 pts )
5 CSM inc. 1 Asp with Fist and 2 Melters ( 135 pts )
285 pts.

Bases will be done next month, when i have more models that have to be based

Picture of my total stuff ( 37 miniatures , 1435 points )

Attachments

·
367 Posts
I've been depressingly unproductive over the holidays. I could post stuff, but I doubt it'll break 80 points. I'll try and finish a few marines tomorrow to at least get over 100points, but no guarantees. Otherwise I may have to use a joker.

Good luck to everyone else. I feel your paint.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Due to an unforseen incident with superglue I might be able to post pictures today but can't guarantee it. The aforementioned incident has also prevented final hilights and transfers but they can be done as a bulk batch wih something esle and it only being guardsmen I'm not too worried about the highlights for now.

·
Eh?
454 Posts
Right then, here are the pictures as promised. It was a bad month for me, what with Crimbo and the holidays, but perhaps worse the effort of assembling 80+ Dwarfs. Rather ate into my hobby time! So, although it was touch and go, I didn't quite get enough 40k done for it to be worth an entry, so its Epic only today...

40k IG

Joker - Sad Times

Epic IG

Superheavy Tank Company: 500pts

Army total to date: 1850pts

Total points painted: 2597pts
Total models painted to date: 81

That me for this week. Not great, but I'm still swinging! Good luck to everyone else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.