Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread members who signed up for the 'event' will be required to post each month - on the 1st of the month the following items:

* A picture of 200pts worth of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
* A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.

In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

Just a quick reminder, everyone - If you paint more than 200 points in a month, Kudos to ya. However, for the purposes of this project, please limit your monthly entries to as close to 200 points as you can muster, going a bit over in favor of being a bit under of course.

The following members have chosen to do a fantasy army:

C/-Rt3r
WHFB
Dwarfs!

XbanditsX
Fantasy
Wood Elves

Tekore
Warhammer Fantasy
Bretonnia

Brett
Warhammer Fantasy
Vampire Counts (Lahmia

maraschino
Warhammer Fantasy
Wood Elves

Blacknight
Fantasy
Tomb King

Stormchaser
WFB
High Elves

Walex
WFB
Beasts of Chaos

Best of luck to you all! First deadline is.... 1st February

~Cyric

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Just a quick reminder, everyone - If you paint more than 200 points in a month, Kudos to ya. However, for the purposes of this project, please limit your monthly entries to as close to 200 points as you can muster, going a bit over in favor of being a bit under of course.
I'm guessing that's aimed at me? I'll be good.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Alright, given that I had planned to have these finished about two months ago, it's about time I submitted these.

Unit: 8 Black Knights, Barding, Full command (240 points)

And the Army so far;

That's two Skeleton units (185 points each) and the newly completed unit of Knights (240 points). All up, I think that makes 610 points.

Next month I'm painting a character. (One, because it's only a single model, and two, because I need to buy more stuff before I can paint it!)

Reactions: Phoenix

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ok im not directly involved in this (though it may be good as it would mean i may actually gte something painted!) i just want to say, Brett, that colour scheme is awesome! Havent seen it before and i love it. Rep inbound!

·
running
1,274 Posts

Two units of 8 Dryads = 192 points

Since these are my second and third units of Dryads, I got bored of brown and painted the last unit to look like birch trees; they're now probably my favorite unit in the army.

Full Army shot:

3 units of 8 Dryads
10 Glade Guard w/ musician
5 Glade Riders w/ musician
Mounted Noble
Alter Noble
total: 845 points

Comments would be greatly appreciated, and can be left in my project log (see signature).

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow those Birch Dryads are amazing!!!!

Ive never seen that done before. Ive seen winter,summer,spring,autumn but never Birch.

rep for you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
is it too late to enter? if not I have some new units I just painted this month, Chaos Screamers, here is my entry if it is acceptable. Here are 2 shots of the screamers and the army so far.

also here is a link to see my full army because its hard to see the full thing in the small picture, here it is

·
Registered
188 Posts
I nearly managed to get some stuff done for this month but was unable to finish them last nite and am not going to be home to do them today arrgh.

Last Joker used, due to the use of 2 jokers and the xmas break I will now have to submit a little over 200 points each month to catch up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's because (I think) it's a contest to which there will be a winner. Kind of like Paint or Die, but different rules and stuff.

However you can do like me and follow the mothly requirements alongside them all8Y

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I really hope I remember to post pictures tomorrow, I've got plenty painted though.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Since I started packing up my horde before I took photos this month's entry is this beaut'.

He is of course 205 points. Since I have 2500 painted now I'm not really sure what I'll count towards my total hence I don't have one.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since these are my second and third units of Dryads, I got bored of brown and painted the last unit to look like birch trees; they're now probably my favorite unit in the army.
And rightly so. Those dryads are awesome. Kudos for creativity.

is it too late to enter?
Unfortunately, it is. Another one will be starting up before too long though.

That's because (I think) it's a contest to which there will be a winner. Kind of like Paint or Die, but different rules and stuff.

However you can do like me and follow the mothly requirements alongside them all8Y
Good idea with following along - by the time the next one starts you'll be a pro at this. The idea here is kind of an endurance trial for painters - see if you can keep yourself motivated to meet a monthly goal. Since the objective is 200 points a month for 2000 points at the end of the project, it's really too late to jump in now. Provided interest remains strong, we may decide to run two of these at the same time, staggered to end at different times of course.

Regardless, your screamers look fantastic. Looking forward to checking out more of your work.

Since I started packing up my horde before I took photos this month's entry is this beaut'.

He is of course 205 points. Since I have 2500 painted now I'm not really sure what I'll count towards my total hence I don't have one.
That's a good looking giant. We need to agree upon which of your entries you're counting toward the project though. The goal here is 200 a month to give you a legal 2000 point army at the end of the project. We'll work it out.

Word.

I'm working through a serious cold, good times.
Sorry to hear that, friend. I've been fighting off a cold myself. Illness or no, you continue to make a strong showing in this project. Nice work.

erk, just got back from a tournament, i did pretty well
Congrats on the tournament. Your Wild Rider looks amazing. I'm continually impressed by your work

Good work on this month's entries, folks, and good luck with next month's projects!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.