Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread members who signed up for the 'event' will be required to post each month - on the 1st of the month the following items:

* A picture of 200pts worth of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
* A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.

In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

Just a quick reminder, everyone - If you paint more than 200 points in a month, Kudos to ya. However, for the purposes of this project, please limit your monthly entries to as close to 200 points as you can muster, going a bit over in favor of being a bit under of course.

The following members have chosen to do a fantasy army:

C/-Rt3r
WHFB
Dwarfs!

XbanditsX
Fantasy
Wood Elves

Tekore
Warhammer Fantasy
Bretonnia

Brett
Warhammer Fantasy
Vampire Counts (Lahmia

maraschino
Warhammer Fantasy
Wood Elves

Blacknight
Fantasy
Tomb King

Walex
WFB
Beasts of Chaos

Best of luck to you all! First deadline is.... 1st May

~Cyric

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Just so I don't forget to post anything I'm going to subscribe at this early date.

Good look everyone; pray that I'm not so forgetful this month.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
A different name for the new one might help, or making the two so blatently seperate. Maybe mid month deadlines for the new one and end of month ones for the origional could work too. Them's me ideas anyway.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Okay, true to my word I remembered.

What I have done this past month:

5 bestigor, 1 chaos troll, 1 chaos ogre and a battle standard bearer.

And the army; photographed in haste (a drawer).

That's what I've got done and what I've still to do.

·
running
1,274 Posts
For this month I have 7 Wardancers (with Bladesinger and musician) at 133 points and 5 Glade Guard (with musician) at 69 points, for a total of 202.

The Wardancers are phenomenal models and they were easily the most fun I've ever had painting. The Glade Guard were a phenomenal chore; I think it should be clear why the Wardancers look so much better. More pictures are in my blog (see signature).

The whole army (including my rebuilt Dryads!):

3x8 Dryads = 288
2x10 Glade Guard = 258
5 Glade Riders = 129
7 Wardancers = 133
Alter Noble = 158
Mounted Noble = 141
Spellsinger = 140

total: 1247

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
For some reason I'm starting to fall horribly behind. But I did get something painted, even if it's not much.

Attachments are;
A Random collection of Dire Wolves (Around 80 points all up, I think. I forgot to check)
And the army so far...

The total points for said army, so far, is around 772. So yeah, I'm behind. :0
And my grave guard are still in their boxes! Which kind of makes them difficult to paint...

(Sorry for the tiny and somewhat dodgy pictures)

EDIT: Wait a minute, are those photos even there? Let me see...

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
Do you like painting horses? Perhaps I should have asked myself that. And the answer is: sometimes. I think next month I'm going to try for some archers, maybe even a trebuchet.

Just to get it out of the way, I noticed when taking these pictures the huge mold line on the trumpet. How did I miss that? Ah well, I'll go back for it.

8 Knights of the Realm with FOC, 216 Points:

The army:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc42/Tekore/EntireArmyApril.jpg

Woo!

Tekore

Keep images no larger than 700 pixels wide. Thanks. ~LN

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey all

I must say that all your armies are looking great guys.

It is with much regret that i must announce I am withdrawing from the tale of painters after once again not finishing 200 points and having jokered out earlier in the competition. It is a shame to withdraw but real life has been getting on top of me over this competition, not least of which has been the death of two members of family.

Best of luck to the rest of you and I might see you in the second installment of tale of painters.

Regards

Marc

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Gah! Ive got my months work finished but my camera is being borrowed..i should get it back this evening. Ive been really busy and painted really far ahead...can i post the pics tonght and still not get DQ'ed?

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today's your lucky day, Wrekka. While I would normally write a stern yet witty rebuke to your attempt to sign up for the project in the wrong place, today I'll just bypass it and sign you up anyway. First deadline is bearing down on you with speed, so I hope you've already started.

Nice work on this, everyone. It's a real kick to see these armies coming together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.