Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after kinda, breaking off from tale of painters, only to find I still had a joker, thought I may as well keep trying.

So here's my army list of what I want painted(under the new codex):

HQ

Hive Tyrant - Wings, Scything Talons, Lashwhip/bonesword, unspeakable horror, adrenal glands - 285
Swarmlord - ***

ELITES

3 x Pyrovore - Landing Spore, thorn volley - 185
2 x Zoanthropes - Landing spore, thorn volley - 170

TROOPS

20 x Genestealers - 280
20 x Genestealers - Adrenal Glands, Broodlord, Injector, Acid Blood - 416
20 x Termagants - Landing Spore, Venom Cannon - 160
20 x Termagants - Landing Spore, Venom Cannon - 160
30 Hormagaunts - Adrenal Glands - 240

FAST ATTACK

30 x Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands - 210

HEAVY SUPPORT

Trygon Prime - Adrenal Glands, Regenerate - 275
Mawloc - Adrenal glands, Regenerate - 205

Total: 2866

So here's this months(by the new codex, only 120 points) but by the old one I should still me going by, It's 200.

20 Hormagaunts.

And I'm a little stuck on bases. Seeing the scheme above, which base do you think best suits? Thanks in advance guys :)

Thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I'd go with the fourth one, for two reasons:

#1. It doesn't look like it would go too badly with the green 'nids.
#2. It's a higher quality than the other ones, to my mind.

Hope this helps. Not looking bad so far :).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Now that, Spammy, is what you've been searching for for all this time. That colour scheme is really good. The colours complement each other well. As they say, practice makes perfect.

As for the bases, either the second or the fourth. Definitely not the third.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I think that number four may be the best too. It is a bit grey but I think that it looks good. The other one could be the first one. The first one looks muddy but this may be good. I think that a bit of colour helps out bases alot. Perhaps try to add some more colour to number four, maybe use bleached bone as the highlight so that it isn't as grey. I have thought grey will be good for bases but I find that in practice it is a bit odd and does not have enough life in it. A combo of number one and number four I think. Hope this helps.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
If ya wanna get ToP finished, get some 'Fexes! Apparently they're uber-expecive in the new codex. :p

I have to agree with Leech on the bases, color is good. I like no 4 best.

May I ask why the pics were taken in 2003? :p

Have fun!!!
-DDW

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Dan :) Striking from a distance is my idea for the gaunts, bigger things will have much better blending/highlighting.

After the hormies are based, I think I'll do my 4 landing spores(200 points for ToP) and that should let me get hold of my trygons :) I'll then do 20 gaunts, then either the trygon or mawloc, then another 20 gaunts, then the other trygon/Mawloc, then 20 stealers, then broodlord, then the other 20, then Zoans, then 30 gargoyles, then flyrant.

I've still gotta get round to converting the swarmlord/buy the pyrovores.

So as a rough list that I may or may not stick to;

Landing Spores,
20 gaunts,
trygon,
20 gaunts,
trygon,
20 stealers,
broodlord,
20 stealers,
2 zoanthropes,
30 Gargoyles,
and best till last, my flyrant.

I may stick to this. Hopefully I will :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thats a really good find. I would also suggest adding a tiny base to them, just to reinforce what they are, and help hide their flat bottom.

How about a link to the site where you got them, for all the good people who want these for themselves?

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
It looks like a big bastard to me :p Too big to make up for more than terrain pieces... But I'm not a 40k player, so I really don't know the sizes of everything there. However, if you can use it - it's cool!

//Nag, the Hag

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
Those Spores look good. I think they will serve you well as landing spores. I agree with ChadMS that they will need some kind of base. It will help them to fit in with your army and not look like pieces of terrain.

I think they would look good quite dark when you paint them. If they have hurtled dowmn through the atmosphere to land on the planet they will of been a bit burnt when they enter the atmosphere. You may not want burn marks all over them but a darker look may also give the idea they come out of the darkness of space. Maybe not too dark just a bit darker than the rest of your bugs.

Where did you get the spores, they are cool? I want some.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.