1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
847 Posts
Overall the model looks good. I do reccomend that you try the eyes, though, as you can make the mini look a lot better that way. Just paint it black and put in 2 dots for the whites, and see how that turns out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I have painted the eyes - must say, looks much better.

however skin is very brown, I appreciate Africa Corps and all that, but even so
The overhead light in the room had a yellowish colour to it. I thought the white light we used would nullify it, but as you can see did not work. The skin is actually light, but because of the overhead light colour, the yellow tint is reflected. :sleep: Will try to take new photos with a white light in the room.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that was using tamiya paint, or a tamiya set? if its tamiya paint, fill me in on what you do to thin down your paints! ive been using tamiya and they seem way to thick to me. and to water it down makes the paint run.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that was using tamiya paint, or a tamiya set? if its tamiya paint, fill me in on what you do to thin down your paints! ive been using tamiya and they seem way to thick to me. and to water it down makes the paint run.
Nope, the paint I used are the Games Workshop ones.

If I remember correctly you have to use enammel thinners to thin tamiya paints.:|

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please, do tell, your secret to great looking leather like that... I keep trying and experimenting, but nothing comes out looking that good!
Very easy.

Start with a white base coat.
Paint on snakebite leather.
Apply a brown wash or flesh wash.
After that has dried – highlight with snakebite leather. If you want to, you can further highlight by adding tiny amounts of white to the snakebite leathor.
When that is done, add black lining to where you see fit.

Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts