1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanith 1st (and only) 1000pts

HQ

Senior Officer (Rawne)
(55) Trademark Item (10) Tanith (45) Frag (5) Krak (10)
Total = 125pts

Fire Support Squad
(35) 3x Auto cannon (60) Tanith (45)

Anti Tank Support Squad
(35) 3x Missile Launchers (60) Tanith (45)
Total = 280pts

Elites

Commissar Hark
(40) Independent (10) Plasma Pistol (5) Bionics (5)
Total = 65pts

Troops

12th Platoon (Domor)
(60) Tanith (45) Flamer (6) Sniper (5)
(60) Tanith (45) Flamer (6) Sniper (5)
Junior Officer Domor (40) Bionics (5)
Total = 277pts

Armoured Fist Platoon (Bluebloods)
(60) Grenade Launcher (8) Veteran Sgt Culcis (6) Bionics (5) Carapace (5) Bionics (5) Bolter (1)
Total = 85pts

Blueblood Chimera
(70) 2 x Heavy bolters (15)
Total = 85pts

What do you think?

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Ah, Angel. How are the folks at Imperial Literature?

1 ) Fire Support. Autocannon really arent worth the points. They fall into a narrow bracket of a weapon trying to be both an infantry killer and a tank hunter. The result is not a pretty weapon to use. Suggestion: Drop the autocannon for heavy bolters, and upgrade the missile launcher squad to a lascannon battery.

2) Platoons. Flamers? Are they really worth it? Every squad should take at least a Plasma or Melta gun for anti tank and anti elite stuff. Only use the flamers if going against Orks or Nids.

3) The chimera: Can it actually have two heavy bolters? It has one in the hull, a multilaser in the turret, and a pintle-mounted stormbolter on the turret rim.. unless you're using a forgeworld mod in which case that gives it three heavy bolters.

Nicely rounded, if lack of serious anti tank weaponry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are.......as normal as they can be...

1) I'm giving them a trail run at the moment, if they don't serve I'll swich them for Heavy bolters as you suggest....as for the missile Launchers I have them in there as they have always served a double role in all my armies..both anti infantry and anti tank. (I adore krak rounds)

2) I see your point, perhaps I will swich them for a plasma gun instead

3) They can take two Heavy bolters, one as an option in the turret and one on the hull

·
Registered
237 Posts
a/ give the chimera its multilaser back, this is almost my favourite composition as once the chimera has served its perpose (pimp wagon), it is also an adequate tank in itself.

b/ since this is a tanith army, relying on stealth, the armoured fist squad aint very appropriate, nothin louder than a chimera (apart from and ork bike)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They don't always need stealth, Necropolis and Sabbat Matyr for example, the Bluebloods are in there for a bit of mobility and also it distracts the main firepower for a turn or two...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.