Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright with 5th edition guard the Tanith have lost a lot of elements, they're still there but they're very much like they were in His Last Command where Gaunt has no command rank and the regiment is commanded by another person. Also they've lost they're structure, they've always been organized into platoons but no longer can be. So here's my first draft at some house rules I may be implementing with my friends.

This list is not time line specific so there will be an option for many characters, some who's time lines do not overlap.

Army Wide Rules:

Natural Direction: Any Tanith reserves may reroll the dice to see which side they come on when outflanking.

Light Infantry: Every infantry model has the move through cover special rule. No Tanith squad may have a lascannons or take carapace armor and only one squad may have plasmaguns.

HQ
Colonel-Commissar Gaunt-120 pts

..WS...BS...S...T...W...A...I...LD...SV
....5.....4....3...3...3....3...3...10...5+

Wargear: BoltPistol, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Sword of Heironymo

Sword of Heironymo: An ancient weapon gifted to Gaunt after the successful defense of Vervun Hive. The sword is perfectly balanced and seems to aid his reaction time in defense.

Counts as a master crafted power sword and gives Gaunt a 5+ invulnerable save.

Special Rules: Furious Charge, Aura of Discipline, Fearless
Senior Officer: Gaunt is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 3 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming; as well as a unquie order:

Do you want to live forever?
If the order is successful the ordered unit is inspired and immediately charges into the fray. Until the end of the turn, the ordered unit ahs the Fearless and Furious Charge special rules.

It's For your Own Good: If Gaunt is apart of a squad that contains a Psyker who has suffered a perils of warp attack he will immediately execute the psker.

Front-Liner: If there is a friendly assault within 12" of Gaunt at the start of the Imperial Guard players turn then Gaunt must immediately move towards the assault and charge if possible.

Options: for +25 pts Gaunt may include Eszrah Ap Niht as his body guard. Eszrah must remain within 2" of Gaunt at all times and Gaunt still retains his Independent character status. Eszrah is a body guard with the Look Out!-Arghh rule and comes equipped with wode (grants the stealth rule) and a reynbow with the following profile:

Reynbow: Range: 12"....S:3...AP-....Assault 1.....Poison*
The reynbow always wounds on a +2.

Tanith Company Command Squad-80 pts
Exactly like a normal company command squad except they are included with camo-cloaks and the Company Commander has the option of replacing his las pistol with a lasgun.

Colonel Corbec 50 pts
One Company Command squad in your army may replace their Company Commander with Corbec.

....4.....4....3...3...3....3...3...9....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades

Special Rules: Feel No Pain

Feel No Pain: Corbec pushes himself further than he should even when he's suffered a grave wound. He has the Feel No Pain universal special rule. He is also stubborn and refuses to retreat to recieve medical attention, if a medic is in the squad then Corbec recieves no additional benefits.

Senior Officer: Corbec is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 2 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Charismatic: Corbec is a natural born leader who is always found at the front. His natural charisma and reassuring presence inspires the men he's with.

Any unit that Corbec leads can reroll any morale or pinning check that they are required to make. Any unit that Corbec issues an order to may use his leadership for testing to see if that order is followed.

Major Elim Rawne 60 pts
One Company Command squad in your army may replace their Company Commander with Rawne.

Wargear: Lasgun, laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Demo Charge

Special Rules: Move through Cover
Senior Officer: Rawne is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 2 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Infiltrator: Rawne is a natural born killer and an expert with his Tanith straight silver. His close combat attacks count as rending.

Old Grudge: If Gaunt and Rawne are ever alone in the same unit together and there is no enemy within 6" than he must immediately make an unmodified leadership test or attack Gaunt. Count neither model as charging, the combat lasts until one of them has been removed as a casualty.

Brin Milo 40 pts
One Company Command squad in your army include Milo in addition to its veterans. If Milo is included then there the Command squad cannot purchase an additional regimental standard.

....3.....4....3...3...1....1...3...7....5+

Wargear: Lasgun or laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Tanith Pipes

Tanith Pipes: Counts as a regimental standard.

Special Rules:
Lucky Charm: Milo has been touched by fate and often gains premonitions. Milo has a +4 invlunerable save. As long as Milo is alive he confers this save onto Gaunt if Gaunt is within 2" of Milo.

Elites
Tanith Scouts 50
A Tanith Scout squad includes 4 Tanith Scouts and a Scout leader.

Tanith Scout Leader
....3.....4....3...3...1....2...3...8....5+
Tanith Scouts
....3.....4....3...3...1....1...3...8....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, Tanith Knife, frag grenades, krak grenades, camo cloaks.

Options:
May add up to 5 additional scouts for +10 points a model.

One model may have a vox for +5 points.

Each model may be equipped with melta bombs for +3 points a model.

For every 5 Tanith Scouts, 1 may have a demo charge in addition to his normal equipment.

Special Rules: Scout, Infiltrate, Hit and Run, Move through Cover.

Masters of Stealth: Tanith Scouts add an addition +1 any cover saves they may receive, this benefit stacks with the stealth universal special rule.

Recon: The Tanith scouts move ahead of the regiment and provide information to the support elements behind. For each unit of Tanith scouts in the army, one other unit may outflank.

In addition any unit of Tanith Scouts may always be deployed even if a mission normally would not allow it.

Scout Leader: A scout leader may issue 1 order to his own squad after Platoon Commanders have issued orders. The Scout Leader has the Move, Move, Move and the Incoming Order.

I'm worried about the role that this unit will perform. They shouldn't have any special weapons because fluff wise a flamer scent would give them away, plasma is to rare and then the others are bulky. Is there role as a support unit useful? They allow other Tanith units to outflank. But is that enough to justify actually doing something with them since you could be given up a kill point? or would it only be worth it with Mkoll as then it adds another scoring unit? or is Mkoll's ability too powerful?

Scout Sergeant Oan Mkoll 60 pts
One Tanith Scout Leader in your army be replaced with MKoll.

....4.....4....3...3...2....2...3...9....5+

Wargear: Lasgun Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, krak grenades.

Special Rules: Masters of Stealth, Scout Leader, Hit and Run

Scout Master: Any unit that Mkoll leads may ignore difficult terrain altogether. In addition, any unit that Mkoll leads is scoring as long as Mkoll is alive.

Scout Leader MkVenner 50 pts

....5.....4....3...3...2....4...5...8....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, krak grenades, Demo Charge.

Special Rules: Eternal Warrior, Hit and Run, Infiltrate, Masters of Stealth.

Ambush: MkVenner may start in reserve if he wishes. When he becomes available simply place him on the table. He does not scatter but must be more than 1" from the enemy. He may not move or assault but may shoot as normal.

Nalsheen: MkVenner is trained in ancient fighting styles. He is ably to find the weakness in any foes defense as well as being able to dodge any hit. This gives MkVenner rending attacks in close combat and a +4 invulnerable save.

Scout Mach Bonin 20 pts
One Scout Leader may be replaced by Bonin.

....4.....4....3...3...2....2...3...8....5+

Special Rules: Hit and Run, Masters of Stealth, Scout Leader.

Lucky: Bonin is miraculously lucky, he recieves a +4 invulnerable save and has the eternal warrior rule. In addition his shooting attacks have the rending special rule.

Troops

Tanith Infantry Platoon
A Tanith Infantry Platoon contains a Tanith Platoon Command and between 2-5 Tanith Infantry Squads and may include 0-5 Tanith heavy weapons squads.

Tanith Platoon Command 50 pts
A Tanith Platoon Command has all the same options as a platoon command squad but has camo cloaks and all models are BS 4 and the Platoon Commander has the option of replacing his laspistol with a lasgun.

Sergeant Agun Soric 30 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Soric.

....4.....4....3...3...2....2...2...8....5+

Wargear: Lasgun Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Special Rules:
Junior Officer: Soric is a junior officer with a command radius of 6" and can issue 1 order per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Touched by Warp: After both sides have deployed infiltrators and scout moves have been made Soric may reposition a single squad within 6" up to 12" from it's original spot. This new location must be follow all normal rules for deployment allowed to that unit. If Soric is included in the army the player may also reroll the dice to sieze the initiative.

Should Soric be moved to Senior Officer role? Wasn't he the 5th officer after Corbec, Rawne, and Daur?

Sergeant Gol Kolea 20 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Kolea.

Special Rules:
Junior Officer: Varl is a junior officer with a command radius of 6" and can issue 1 order per turn. He has the following orders: First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire!; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Gun-Ho: Kolea has always been daring, encroaching fool-hardy. As long as Kolea has moved, his squad's lasguns are treated as assault 2 range: 18" instead of their normal profile. Kolea also has the Furious Charge and Rage USR.

Sergeant Ceglan Varl 50 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Varl.

....4.....4....6...3...2....2...3...8....5+

Special Rules:
Junior Officer: Varl is a junior officer with a command radius of 6" and can issue 1 order per turn. He has the following orders: First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire!; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Friendly Rivalry: Varl and Kolea are constantly competing to see who can take the objective, while it may lead them to be reckless it has so far led them to glory. If Varl is within 6" of Kolea then his squad's lasguns are treated as assault 2 range: 18" instead of their normal profile as well.

Bionic Arm: Varl lost his arm on Fortis Binary and has a crude replacement arm in it's place. His arm increases his strength (already included) and his attacks ignore armor.

Commissar Hark 70 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army include Commissar Hark. If Hark is included then the Platoon Command may not take another Commissar.

....4.....4....6...3...1....2...3...9....5+

Wargear: Plasma Pistol, close combat weapon, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Special Rules: Stubborn

Bionic Arm: Hark lost his arm on Herador and has a crude replacement arm in it's place. His arm increases his strength (already included) and his attacks ignore armor.

Tanith Infantry Squad 110 pts
Counts as a veteran squad that must have the forward sentries doctrine (price already included) and the Sergeant has the option to exchange his laspistol for a lasgun. All other choices remain the same.

Tanith Heavy Weapons Squad 80 pts
Has the same option as a heavy weapons squadron but has camo cloaks and BS4.

"Try Again" Bragg 25 pts
Bragg may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

....3.....3....4...3...1....1...3...7....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Options: May exchange his lasgun for one of the following:
Heavy Stubber for 5 points
Heavy bolter/autocannon for 10 points
Missile Launcher for 15 points
Assault Cannon for 40 points (becomes slow and purposeful)

Special Rules: Relentless

Hlaine "Mad" Larkin 30 pts
Larkin may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

....3.....6....3...3...1....1...4...6....5+

Wargear: Customized Long Las, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Customized Long Las: Treats as a sniper rifle that may re-roll any failed to wound.

Special Rules:

Marksman: Wounds cause by Larkin are located by the player controlling Larkin, not the opponent. He is so practiced at relocating after each shot that he treats his rifle like an assault weapon.
In addition any rolls of a 5 or 6 to hit ignores cover.

Brostin 30 pts
Brostin may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

Wargear: Heavy Flamer, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Special Rules:

Pyromaniac: Treat his heavy flamer as if it were twin linked.

That's it so far, I'm planning on a couple more upgrade characters like Caffran and Criid but I've got to go to bed now lol

Reactions: GDMNW

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
I like these, they seem very flavoursome. The Tanith scouts are probably a give-away of kill points, unless they could be "uncovered" any turn, in which case they might be a very useful way of getting corss-fires on the board...

units appropriately equipped (e.g. Auspex etc0 should be able to detect them as normal

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
You've written a very nice set of rules so far, it will be nice to see what else you come up with!

I'd drop Rawne's Old Grudge rule now though, he and Gaunt seem to have buried the hatchet in the more recent books (since Gereon basically).

I'd also dump the heavy weapons squads altogether for the First and Only, and give them the option to take more special weapons (sniper) squads instead if I were you. After all, the Infantry Squads can already take tread-fethers.

I'd also consider making special squads of Tanith Snipers, as they are a big feature of the regiment.

Not sure what to do with the scouts... you could make them choose a "mission" (somewhat like stormtroopers but more appropriate to them) during deployment, for example:

Recon - As you already said, allow a friendly unit to outflank.
Disrupt - -1 to enemy reserve rolls.
Assassinate - nominate an enemy unit during the first turn, re-roll failed wounds / armour penetration when attacking this unit (or something similar) until destroyed.
Mine - mine a piece of area terrain (like Space Marine Scout Bikers).
Hold At All Costs - scout squad counts as scoring unit.
Blow it! - squad gets 2 (additional) demo charges.

Just a thought but it means they would be much more flexible in game.

But like I said, good ruleset so far, it's fluffy and well balanced.

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for all support and advice guys. The reason I've left the old grudge rule was this list isn't very time specific, so you could include both Rawne and Corbec, in which case Rawne would still have the grudge against Gaunt.

I like the ideas of missions for the scouts, may make them more useful. Here's an updated version:

Army Wide Rules:

Natural Direction: Any Tanith reserves may reroll the dice to see which side they come on when outflanking.

Light Infantry: Every infantry model has the move through cover special rule. No Tanith squad may have a lascannons or take carapace armor and only one squad may have plasmaguns.

HQ
Colonel-Commissar Gaunt-120 pts

....5.....4....3...3...3....3...3...10...5+

Wargear: BoltPistol, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Sword of Heironymo

Sword of Heironymo: An ancient weapon gifted to Gaunt after the successful defense of Vervun Hive. The sword is perfectly balanced and seems to aid his reaction time in defense.

Counts as a master crafted power sword and gives Gaunt a 5+ invulnerable save.

Special Rules: Furious Charge, Aura of Discipline, Fearless
Senior Officer: Gaunt is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 3 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming; as well as a unquie order:

Do you want to live forever?
If the order is successful the ordered unit is inspired and immediately charges into the fray. Until the end of the turn, the ordered unit ahs the Fearless and Furious Charge special rules.

It's For your Own Good: If Gaunt is apart of a squad that contains a Psyker who has suffered a perils of warp attack he will immediately execute the psker.

Front-Liner: If there is a friendly assault within 12" of Gaunt at the start of the Imperial Guard players turn then Gaunt must immediately move towards the assault and charge if possible.

Options: for +25 pts Gaunt may include Eszrah Ap Niht as his body guard. Eszrah must remain within 2" of Gaunt at all times and Gaunt still retains his Independent character status. Eszrah is a body guard with the Look Out!-Arghh rule and comes equipped with wode (grants the stealth rule) and a reynbow with the following profile:

Reynbow: Range: 12"....S:3...AP-....Assault 1.....Poison*
The reynbow always wounds on a +2.

Tanith Company Command Squad-80 pts
Exactly like a normal company command squad except they are included with camo-cloaks and the Company Commander has the option of replacing his las pistol with a lasgun.

Colonel Corbec 50 pts
One Company Command squad in your army may replace their Company Commander with Corbec.

Wargear: Lasgun, laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades

Special Rules: Feel No Pain

Feel No Pain: Corbec pushes himself further than he should even when he's suffered a grave wound. He has the Feel No Pain universal special rule. He is also stubborn and refuses to retreat to recieve medical attention, if a medic is in the squad then Corbec receives no additional benefits.

Senior Officer: Corbec is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 2 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Charismatic: Corbec is a natural born leader who is always found at the front. His natural charisma and reassuring presence inspires the men he's with.

Any unit that Corbec leads can reroll any morale or pinning check that they are required to make. Any unit that Corbec issues an order to may use his leadership for testing to see if that order is followed.

Major Elim Rawne 60 pts
One Company Command squad in your army may replace their Company Commander with Rawne.

Wargear: Lasgun, laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Demo Charge

Special Rules: Move through Cover
Senior Officer: Rawne is a senior officer with a command radius of 12" and can issue 2 orders per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Get Back in the Fight; First rank fire, second rank fire; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Infiltrator: Rawne is a natural born killer and an expert with his Tanith straight silver. His close combat attacks count as rending.

Old Grudge: If Gaunt and Rawne are ever alone in the same unit together and there is no enemy within 6" than he must immediately make an unmodified leadership test or attack Gaunt. Count neither model as charging, the combat lasts until one of them has been removed as a casualty.

Brin Milo 40 pts
One Company Command squad in your army include Milo in addition to its veterans. If Milo is included then there the Command squad cannot purchase an additional regimental standard.

Wargear: Lasgun or laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, Tanith Pipes

Tanith Pipes: Counts as a regimental standard.

Special Rules:
Lucky Charm: Milo has been touched by fate and often gains premonitions. Milo has a +4 invlunerable save. As long as Milo is alive he confers this save onto Gaunt if Gaunt is within 2" of Milo.

Trooper Murt Feygor 30 pts
Feygor may replace any veteran in a command squad which includes Major Rawne.

Wargear: Lasgun, laspistol, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, demo charge.

Special Rules:

Demolition Specialist: May re-roll the armor penetration roll against any vehicle he attacks where he uses a grenade or demo-charge.

Elites
Tanith Scouts 70
A Tanith Scout squad includes 4 Tanith Scouts and a Scout leader.

Tanith Scout Leader
Tanith Scouts
....3.....4....3...3...1....1...3...8....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, Tanith Knife, frag grenades, krak grenades, camo cloaks.

Options:
May add up to 5 additional scouts for +10 points a model.

One model may have a vox for +5 points.

Each model may be equipped with melta bombs for +2 points a model.

For every 5 Tanith Scouts, 1 may have a demo charge in addition to his normal equipment.

Special Rules: Scout, Infiltrate, Hit and Run, Move through Cover.

Masters of Stealth: Tanith Scouts add an addition +1 any cover saves they may receive, this benefit stacks with the stealth universal special rule.

In addition any unit of Tanith Scouts may always be deployed even if a mission normally would not allow it.

Scout Leader: A scout leader may issue 1 order to his own squad after Platoon Commanders have issued orders. The Scout Leader has the Move, Move, Move and the Incoming Order.

Missions:
Tanith Scouts roam ahead of the main battle force, either scouting the terrain or enemy disposition or sent to take out a key target or structure. Each Tanith scout unit must select a mission:

Recon: The Tanith scouts move ahead of the regiment and provide information to the support elements behind. For each unit of Tanith scouts in the army with this mission, one other unit may outflank.

Disrupt: The Tanith scouts move deep into enemy territory to mine roads and destroy bridges in order to disrupt enemy supply lines. Each Tanith scout unit with this mission forces a -1 modifier on enemy reserve rolls. This modifier stacks, but a roll of a natural six will always mean that the enemy finds his way onto the board.

Search and Destroy: The Tanith scouts move ahead of the force to take out a key unit or vehicle. The Tanith scouts may re-roll all failed to wound or armor penetration results against a single target or vehicle. The target must be declared at the beginning of the battle.

Distraction: The Tanith scouts move ahead of the force to provide supporting attacks with the main force. All weapons carried by the scout unit has the pinning special rule in addition to any rules they already have.

Mine: The Tanith scouts move ahead to place booby traps and mines into key locations across the battlefield. Note down a single piece of area terrain per scout squad (each area-terrain may only be booby-trapped once). The first unit (friend or foe) who moves in the terrain will trigger the traps. No cover saves may be taken from any hits suffered from the trap. If a vehicle triggers the mines the hits are always resolved against the rear armor to represent the munitions hitting the under carriage.

The traps will inflict a certain number of hits depending on the trap type (choose one):

Anti-personnel: Inflicts 2D6 S4 AP- hits.

Krak Mines: Inflicts D6 S6 AP4 hits.

Melta bombs (unit must buy melta bombs): Inflicts D3 S8 AP1 hits with the melta special rule.

Scout Sergeant Oan Mkoll 60 pts
One Tanith Scout Leader in your army be replaced with MKoll.

Special Rules: Masters of Stealth, Scout Leader, Hit and Run

Scout Master: Any unit that Mkoll leads may ignore difficult terrain altogether. In addition, any unit that Mkoll leads is scoring as long as Mkoll is alive.

Scout MkVenner 50 pts

....5.....4....3...3...2....4...5...8....5+

Wargear: Lasgun, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, krak grenades, Demo Charge.

Special Rules: Eternal Warrior, Hit and Run, Infiltrate, Masters of Stealth.

Ambush: MkVenner may start in reserve if he wishes. When he becomes available simply place him on the table. He does not scatter but must be more than 1" from the enemy. He may not move or assault but may shoot as normal.

Nalsheen: MkVenner is trained in ancient fighting styles. He is ably to find the weakness in any foes defense as well as being able to dodge any hit. This gives MkVenner rending attacks in close combat and a +4 invulnerable save.

Scout Mach Bonin 20 pts
One Scout Leader may be replaced by Bonin.

....4.....4....3...3...2....2...3...8....5+

Special Rules: Hit and Run, Masters of Stealth, Scout Leader.

Lucky: Bonin is miraculously lucky, he recieves a +4 invulnerable save and has the eternal warrior rule. In addition his shooting attacks have the rending special rule.

Troops

Tanith Infantry Platoon
A Tanith Infantry Platoon contains a Tanith Platoon Command and between 2-5 Tanith Infantry Squads and may include 0-1 Tanith heavy weapons squads and 0-2 Tanith Sniper Squads.

Tanith Platoon Command 50 pts
A Tanith Platoon Command has all the same options as a platoon command squad but has camo cloaks and all models are BS 4 and the Platoon Commander has the option of replacing his laspistol with a lasgun.

Sergeant Agun Soric 30 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Soric.

....4.....4....3...3...2....2...2...8....5+

Special Rules:
Junior Officer: Soric is a junior officer with a command radius of 6" and can issue 1 order per turn. He has the following orders: Bring it Down; Fire on my Target; Move, Move, Move; Incoming.

Touched by Warp: After both sides have deployed infiltrators and scout moves have been made Soric may reposition a single squad within 6" up to 12" from it's original spot. This new location must be follow all normal rules for deployment allowed to that unit. If Soric is included in the army the player may also reroll the dice to sieze the initiative.

Sergeant Gol Kolea 20 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Kolea.

Special Rules:

Gun-Ho: Kolea has always been daring, encroaching fool-hardy. As long as Kolea has moved, his squad's lasguns are treated as assault 2 range: 18" instead of their normal profile. Kolea also has the Furious Charge and Rage USR.

Sergeant Ceglan Varl 50 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army replace it's Platoon Commander with Varl.

....4.....4....6...3...2....2...3...8....5+

Special Rules:

Friendly Rivalry: Varl and Kolea are constantly competing to see who can take the objective, while it may lead them to be reckless it has so far led them to glory. If Varl is within 6" of Kolea then his squad's lasguns are treated as assault 2 range: 18" instead of their normal profile as well.

Bionic Arm: Varl lost his arm on Fortis Binary and has a crude replacement arm in it's place. His arm increases his strength (already included) and his attacks ignore armor.

Commissar Hark 70 pts
One Platoon Command squad in your army include Commissar Hark. If Hark is included then the Platoon Command may not take another Commissar.

....4.....4....6...3...1....2...3...9....5+

Wargear: Plasma Pistol, close combat weapon, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Special Rules: Stubborn

Bionic Arm: Hark lost his arm on Herador and has a replacement bionic arm in it's place. His arm increases his strength (already included) and his attacks ignore armor.

Tanith Infantry Squad 110 pts
Counts as a veteran squad that must have the forward sentries doctrine (price already included) and the Sergeant has the option to exchange his laspistol for a lasgun. All other choices remain the same.

Tanith Heavy Weapons Squad 100 pts
Has the same option as a heavy weapons squadron but has camo cloaks and BS4 and they start with heavy stubbers instead of mortars.

Tanith Sniper squad 40
A Tanith Sniper squad consists of 3 snipers.

Tanith Sniper

Wargear: Long-Las (sniper rifle), Tanith Knife, camo cloaks.
Spotters have a lasgun instead of a Long-las.

Options:
May add up to 3 additional snipers for +10 points a model.

"Try Again" Bragg 25 pts
Bragg may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

....3.....2....4...3...1....1...3...7....5+

Options: May exchange his lasgun for one of the following:
Twin-Linked Heavy Stubber for 5 points
Heavy bolter/autocannon for 10 points
Twin-Linked Missile Launcher for 15 points
Assault Cannon for 30 points (becomes slow and purposeful)

Special Rules: Relentless

Hlaine "Mad" Larkin 30 pts
Larkin may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad, Tanith Sniper squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

....3.....7....3...3...1....1...4...6....5+

Wargear: Customized Long Las, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Customized Long Las: Treats as a sniper rifle that may re-roll any failed to wound.

Special Rules:

Marksman: Wounds cause by Larkin are located by the player controlling Larkin, not the opponent. He is so practiced at relocating after each shot that he treats his rifle like an assault weapon.
In addition any rolls of a 5 or 6 to hit ignores cover.

Brostin 30 pts
Brostin may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

Wargear: Heavy Flamer, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Special Rules:

Pyromaniac: Treat his heavy flamer as if it were twin linked.

Caffran 20 pts
Caffran may replace any trooper normally able to take a special weapon in any Tanith Infantry squad or Tanith Platoon Command squad or Tanith Company command Squad. So if he is included in a Tanith Infantry squad then they may only select 2 other special weapons

Options: Caffran may replace his lasgun for a missile launcher and laspistol for +20 pts.

Special Rules:

Assault Specialist: Caffran is an expert at room to room fighting and storming defenses. When his rapid fire range his lasgun is treated as an twin-linked assault weapon.

Master Fether of Treads: Caffran is one of the regiments best rocket-lobbers. If armed with a missile launcher his shots are twin-linked and have +1 to roll on the damage tables.

Sergeant Tona Criid 20 pts
Criid may replace any infantry squad's sergeant.

....4.....4....3...3...1....2...3...8....5+

Wargear: lasgun, laspistol, Vibro-Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades.

Vibro Knife: Counts as a power weapon.

Special Rules:

Determined: As long as Sergeant Criid is alive her squad may alway attempt to regroup.

Sergeant Dohon "Shoggy" Domor 15 pts
Domor may replace any infantry squad's sergeant.

Wargear: lasgun, Tanith Knife, Camo Cloak, frag grenades, sweeper set.

Sweeper Set: While Domor is still alive his squad may re-roll and "1's" when moving through dangerous terrain.

Special Rules:

Bionic Eyes: Gives Domor the acute senses USR.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As a big fan of the books (I'm reading Necropolis for the 3rd time now) I really love this list and think its quite excellent.
However there are a few things that I would suggest:
I think Eszrah should have a BS of 4 instead of the 3 that a regular bodyguard has, because of the accuracy with his reynbow.
As far as the sniper thing goes, why not just give anyone with a sniper rifle a BS of 5?
And considering why Bragg has the nickname "Try Again" how about giving him a BS of 2 but balancing that out with something that either increases his rate of fire or makes him tougher to kill.

The amount of work you have put into this list is astounding, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the support!

Bodyguards are actually BS4 and I've been debating the snipers, but would it be too over powered for snipers to get BS5 no matter where they are? I've edited the above list to include this, tell me if it seems to unlikely or overpowered

And I have decreased Bragg's BS to 3, which is low compared to everybody elses BS, should he realistically be BS2 and have a 5 point decrease in cost?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First of all, good work on this. Love the Ghosts and I am in the midst of re-reading the books in order for about the 4th time. That having been said I do have a couple of suggestions.

In regards to Bragg I would make him BS2 and a rule that makes any Heavy Weapon he fires twin-linked. I think that would give him the right flavor while still balanced.

From a game standpoint I think you have the BS skills too high across the board as the normal trooper should be no more than a BS3 even the Snipers and most of the Special Character Sniper Scouts should be BS4 with Larkin a BS5.

They should stay in line with the rest of the army lists in the game.

Another suggestion for Brin Milo would be to give him a rule that works the same way as an Auspex allowing any unit he is with to target and spot all infiiltrators and to also cancel effects such as Shroud or Nightfight based upon his ability to "spot things" in advance.

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason I think they should be BS4 is they are an army entirely composed of veterans, being active for 10 years with limited RR compared to other regiments (as Rawne mentions in one of the latest books) even the belladons that joined recently have been active for the past couple years.

But I did feel a little wrong about the snipers and bragg, I've lowered their BS skill.

Should Caffran's "master fether of treads" ability be +1 on the armor pen roll or +1 on the damage roll?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts