Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friend's birthday is coming up, and I want to buy him an IG tank. He just started, and is playing the Steel Legion. I was thinking of getting him the Basalisk, but what do you guys think is the most useful?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go the basilisk. Why: 2 reasons

1. It is the cheapest Imperial Guard Tank :D
2. It is good for small armies (your friend just started) because it is cheap (points wise) and provides some well needed ordnance.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree with Kasrkinman...
It's a cheap model, a powerful model and it's virtually just point and shoot so no special rules apply...

Besides the model looks good...
Other possebilities would be maybe a Leman Russ battletank. I prefer that before the demolisher due to it's extended range.
But best advice go for the Basilisk...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have to agree here. The Basilisk is a great piece of support. It can be extremely useful against almost any army he'd face.

Being able to indirect fire it with relative accuracy is the trick in making it effective. Once you have that down you have the ability to create havoc anywhere on the board.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Basilisk is a great choice and he would be thrilled with that selection. :)

The Leman Russ Battle Tank is another good bet because of its high frontal armour and
firepower meaning it can be used against almost any opponent with a level of high
confidence.

Though the key area of your question pertains to usefulness which i believe would be a
Chimera. Your friend will always have use for a Chimera as he is forced to take them.
Granted he will not be as thrilled with your choice because it doesnt give him another
ordinance template to use per turn, but i believe the Chimera in a mechanised company is
like slugga boyz in a ork army, you can never go wrong with one more ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, but just wondering, how much does it cost? Hopefully not $45...

·
Registered
696 Posts
well onlien i think it is around 45 us. But if your lucky your local store will sell its at 35

·
Registered
311 Posts
Allthe prices are listed on the Games Workshop site under the 'online store' section.

Try Ebay if you want to try catch a bargain!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would get him a leman russ. its dependable, tough, and tears through troops based armies like orks. plus it gets sponsons. good all round tank.

it is 45 here where i am sorry.

here an idea get him gist certificate so he can choose. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah Ha! The Leman Russ is only $30 here! Nice, I might get him 2.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
now fer a first the hellhound gotta love that flame cannon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.