Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We play with no special/Unique/named characters...

would you count him as one of the above?
it say in the list to count him as an upgrade but is note marked as (Unique) in the list like commissar yarrick and so on...

·
Registered
579 Posts
If it has a name it's a character not an upgrade would be my take plus as you point yourself he is marked as unique

If you want BS4 tanks use the Forgeworld or Armoured Company lists??

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
oh i ment he is not tagged as Unique...
and the book said he counts as a upgrade...
We had this come up in my local escalation league. Unique characters were banned (which is most of the IG characters). But in the Ork book, most of the characters are NOT listed as unique. Which caused some grumbling.

My feeling would be to just not use any characters at all. They're certainly not necessary. The only one I use regularly is Marbo, and I can certainly get the job done without him. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would count Pask as a named character, as he has a name and you can have only one. Personally I don't use special characters as I find their points can be better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
We had this come up in my local escalation league. Unique characters were banned (which is most of the IG characters). But in the Ork book, most of the characters are NOT listed as unique. Which caused some grumbling.

My feeling would be to just not use any characters at all. They're certainly not necessary. The only one I use regularly is Marbo, and I can certainly get the job done without him. :)
Now THERE'S some rules lawyering! I would count Pask as a special/named/unique character because he pretty much is one. (Except that he's a unique upgrade)

p49 in the rulebook states that each named/special character is unique, whether an independent character or an upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts