Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses extra armour on tanks? I tend to take it for my transports because well, i think it makes sense since transports don't usually shoot very much anyway, but does anyone ever take it for land-raiders or predators (granted a land raider is a transport, but then again its also a land raider...) :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I sometimes do as you, use it on my Rhinos. I almost never use it on a Landraider, except the 'Crusader' but then again it comes with extra armour so I don't have a choice... Other than that I only use it on a Dreadnought

·
Registered
295 Posts
what chapter do u play? IN a chapter approved there's something called ceramite armour, think of that combined with extra armour, and smokies.. ;O)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I think by ceramite armour you mean that Salamanders thing right? That's not too useful IMO.. only gives extra protection against melta weapons.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Mar 27 2003, 17:36
I think by ceramite armour you mean that Salamanders thing right? That's not too useful IMO.. only gives extra protection against melta weapons.
That's it. If you play Salamanders and you go up against a lot of melta stuff it might be useful, but otherwise probably not.

For extra armor on tanks, if you expect it to be running along with your transports supporting an assault, extra armor might help it keep up and make it worth it so your assault force does not get split up and arrives as a single package. The only other time I can see it being useful is perhaps if you want to make sure that if you come under fire then you can get the heck out of Dodge, since you would be able to move 12" and reposition yourself pretty well into better cover or out of some's line of fire. It all depends on how important your tanks moving is to your overall strategy (if it is going to sit still and shoot most of the time, leave it, if it is going to advance and give covering fire, bring it).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Do you just have to say that the tank/dread has Extra armour? Or do you have to represent it somehow :blink:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, it could be called shock absorbant plating (refering to comment about loyalist mutaed hull). I also wish the loyalists were able to have a havoc launcher equivalent instead of a cruddy hunter killer. On the topic of hunter killers, when are these things useful, as they can't even fire as a separate weapon in addition to other weapons can they?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
pm stormbolter

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
no not really

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.