Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just reading a post about something, and someone was saying that their guys were run over by a tank and died. In the rule book it says the models can move away if they pass their LD test, or they run if they fail. Also, if the squad passes their LD check, the rulebook says that ONE model can try death and glory. I'm sure that this is the way it works, but I think I might be missing something, as I've heard people talking about their tanks killing a whole squad from tank shock. Please help!

·
Ender of Threads
1,312 Posts
Yeah, generally the unit just moves aside and gets outta the way. They have to take a morale check, and failure results in a fall back move as normal. This is where things get a bit risky - the same rules as normal apply, so if the unit is below 50% strength and it breaks from Tank shock, they'll just keep running, effectively removed from play. Also, if the fall back move finds itself blocked (so that the full move cannot be made) then it's trapped and destroyed.

So, no - Tank Shock cannot destroy squads. It can, however, force the squad to fall back into a situation that then results in the squad being destroyed.

Yes, one model can attempt DoG, which can be a very handy thing for, say, somebody with a handy Meltagun, or anything with a power/chainfist. This model automatically dies if it can't stop the tank.

·
Registered
630 Posts
tank shock is a throw back to the days when you could run over infantry and cause all kinds of havoc. the game designers never realized that some players would create entire armies of transports runing people over.
basically tank shock forces a morale test on a squad but has some risk of loseing the tank in question Some army specific vehicals have upgrades that may hurt infantry ( ie a destroyer of khorne ) if they fail thier moral test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.