Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here actually upgrade their Lemans to have side sponsons?

Ive never done it for my Leman because im always firing the battle cannon.

Just wondering what you guys do. Is it worth the points?

·
Registered
120 Posts
As a matter of fact, I always upgrade my Russ to have Heavy Bolter Sponsons. I feel it's definitely worth the extra points for 2 reasons: first, it makes your Russ more tactically flexible. Sometimes, especially when firing at squads that have been spread out a lot to avoid template weapons, it's just better to fire off the Heavy Bolters and Lascannon, since the chances are greater that you'll kill more models. Also, if you ever receive the "Weapon Destroyed" result for damage on your Russ, you know that your opponent will choose the Battlecannon. Having the sponsons means that your tank is still a good multiple heavy weapons platform, not just a lascannon on wheels.

The second reason is that a Leman Russ without sponsons just doesn't look right. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"not just a lascannon on wheels".

"The second reason is that a Leman Russ without sponsons just doesn't look right"

I couldnt agree more with both of those comments. From now on im taking the Side Sponsons even if it is just for the look :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with parhaius. There have been countless times where my battlecannon has been destroyed and ive had to rely on the side sponson weapons so my tank would just be moveable terrain. sponsons all the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.