Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like for someone to explain to me what the names and configurations mean for Battlesuits.
I feel out of the loop and find it hard to actually learn something due to my lack of understanding this lingo.

My ignorance being said, can someone reply with a list of very configuration for HQ and XV8 Elite Crisis Battlesuits along with their "Street" name or acronyms and along with that YOUR personal experience with each. Thank you all so much for helping! Don't discourage me from the most epic game ever!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Might I advise Riki's sticky at the top of the tau forums called the XV8 - an indepth guide. Has lots of good stuff in there and run down of various suits. Stickies are your friends :)

The most common/useful seems to me to be the Deathrain - twin missile pods and a targetting array - the Fireknife - Plasma, Missile pod and Multi-tracker - or the Torch - twin flamers and another weapon of choice (normally missile pod)

Most of the Lingo/acronyms are straight forward, normally just the first letters, for example Missile pod = MP, Plasma Rifle = PR etc.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
XV8 suit builds

Fire Knife
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod and either the Multi tracker or targeting array.

The Deathrain
Twin linked Missile pod and either Targeting array, Blacksun filter or Flamer

Burning eye
Twin linked Plasma rifle and Targeting array.

Centurion
Cyclonic ion blaster, Plasma rifle and either Multi tracker or Targeting array

Sunforge
Twin linked Fusion blasters with either Targeting array or Shield Generator

Fire storm
Missile pod, Burst cannon and either Targeting array or Multi tracker

Blade storm
Plasma rifle, Burst cannon and either Targeting array or Multi tracker

Fire surge
Fusion blaster, Missile pod and either Targeting array or multi

Storm surge
Fusion Blaster, Burst cannon and either Targeting array or Multi tracker

Nice and crispy (my name for this build) or Heatwave
Twin linked Flamer and usually Black sun filter (for cheapness)

The AFP suit
We also have the Airbursting Fragmentation Projector. I do not really know the naming convention for a suit with this weapon; however I think the AFP goes well with two other weapons, the twin linked Missile pod and the Cyclic ion blaster.

Ninja’O
Plasma, Burst cannon, vectored retro thrusters, Stimulant injectors, Shield Generator and maybe Iridium armour.

Info copied from Rikimaru at:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tau-empire/153486-xv8-depth-guide-updated-5th.html

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice and crispy (my name for this build) or Heatwave
Twin linked Flamer and usually Black sun filter (for cheapness)

This is also known as the Torch, although this variant would have a missile pod instead of the Blacksun Filter.

There are also 2 additional shorthands that can be applied to the variants. These shorthands are only applied to models taking 2 different weapon systems and that have access to the armoury as both mean that your third hard-point is being used for something other than a multi-tracker.

1. A model with a '+', e.g. Fireknife+, signifies that it has a targeting array on the third hard-point instead of the multi-tracker. The '+' denoting the increase in BS. Such models would also take a hard-wired multi-tracker from the armoury, mitigating the loss of shots that the increased accuracy would otherwise cost you.

2. The other shorthand puts a number after the variant name, e.g. Fireknife-7. The number signifies that this suit has 2 weapons systems, one of which is twin-linked and which weapon is twin-linked. The number used is the Strength of the weapon.
In this example the missile pods are twin-linked, if it was Fireknife-6 instead then Plasma Rifle would be the twin-linked weapon.
Again, a model using this notation would also take a hard-wired multi-tracker from the armoury.

Number 2 is a bit outdated now as it increases the accuracy of only one weapon while number 1 will increase the accuracy of both.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes this does help.

To my embarrassment I noticed the sticky thread right after I posted this. Haha, excuse my noobness. I will due away with it as I learn more until my brain hungers no more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts