Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start a Tau army but i would also like to have a chaos army as well. What are the major (and minor) pros and cons of the Tau?? this would really help me a lot thx!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
well first off TAU are the worst in HtH sure there suit can hold up in HtH but they wont get the same options chaos have. They can maybe outshoot chaos though. Chaos can shoot(Iron Warriors) and can fight(All the gods except tzeecth).And chaos just have more options then TAU. I would play chaos

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, Tau are horrendous in CC, except for farsight. Though if you start a farsight enclave army, then u can put up an ok fight in hth combat. Also, playing Tau needs more tactical skill. Chaos are all around good, so you dont need that complex of a strategy. But Tau are relitively fast and have the best weapons by afar. Base weapon for FWs is a str 5 ap 5. The Railgun is str 10 ap 1 (the best gun in the game) and its twin-linked on a broadside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by Orestes@Oct 7 2003, 17:38
well first off TAU are the worst in HtH sure there suit can hold up in HtH but they wont get the same options chaos have. They can maybe outshoot chaos though. Chaos can shoot(Iron Warriors) and can fight(All the gods except tzeecth).And chaos just have more options then TAU. I would play chaos
you forget one thing though, Tau are twice as cool :)
Pros: Good looking models
Devine firepower
Fairly mobile
Can outshoot basically any army
Rail is great vs. expensive units w/ thick armour, as well as orks/guardians/IG/'gaunts/any other "strenght-in-numbers" type of unit. Ion cannons deal w/ marines and such
Easy to paint, but can still be extremely sex0r.

Cons: not very versatile (not as much as tyranids anyway)
sux0r in Hand to Hand combat
they don't get as much attention as IG or Astartes (= fewer models)

Well, that's about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.