Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting tau and want to know if the lists I made are any good.
This first one has Farsight and the other doesnt.
Here is the first:
1750 Point Tau Farsight Battlesuit List

HQ:

(Crisis)
O’shovah – Commander Farsight
2x Shas’vre, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi-tracker, hardwired drone controller,
1x shield drone
=344

(Crisis)
Commander Shas’o, plasma rifle, cyclic ion blaster, shield generator, hardwired multi-tracker,
hardwired target lock, stimulant injector
2x Shas’vre, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, hardwired drone controller,
1x shield drone
=324

Elite:

(Crisis)
1x Shas’vre, plasma rifle, missile pod, target lock, hardwired multi-tracker, hardwired drone controller,
2x shield drone
2x Shas’ui, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi-tracker
=231

(Crisis)
1x Shas’vre, plasma rifle, missile pod, target lock, hardwired multi-tracker, hardwired drone controller,
2x shield drone
=231

(Crisis)
2x shield drone
=231

HS:

(Broadside)
1x Shas’ui, team leader, target lock, hardwired drone controller, 2x shield drone
2x Shas’ui, target lock
=260

Troops:

(Fire Warrior)
6x Shas’la
=60

(Fire Warrior)
6x Shas’la
=60

Total Points Cost: 1746

here is the second:

1750 Tau Battlesuit List

HQ:

(Crisis)
Commander Shas’o, plasma rifle, cyclic ion blaster, multi-tracker, stimulant injector
2x Shas’vre, twin-linked plasma rifle, drone controller, 1x shield drone
=285

(Crisis)
Commander Shas’o, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker,
2x Shas’vre, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, hardwired drone controller,
1x shield drone
=286

Elite:

(Crisis)
1x Shas’vre, twin-linked plasma rifle, target lock
2x Shas’ui, twin-linked plasma rifle, drone controller, 1x shield drone
=210

(Crisis)
=210

(Crisis)
=210

HS:

(Broadside)
1x Shas’vre, advanced stabilization system, hardwired drone controller, 1x shield drone
=105

(Broadside)
1x Shas’vre, advanced stabilization system, hardwired drone controller, 1x shield drone
=105

(Broadside)
=105

Troops:

(Fire Warrior)
12x Shas’la
=120
(Fire Warrior)
11x Shas’la
=110

Total Points Cost: 1746

·
Registered
129 Posts
sombody going to give the guy some help?

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
sombody going to give the guy some help?
What, like you have?? ;)

Anyway, my very quick piece of advice would be to advise any new Tau player not to start with Crisis suit heavy lists, and certainly not to even contemplate trying a Farsight list. Instead I would sggest trying the various different squad types in a balanced manner until comfortable with them and only then branching out along whichever path seems most attractive. I cannot imagine that starting with a suit-heavy Army is in any way the best way of finding out the strengths, weaknesses and need for balance that makes the Tau Army as fun to play - and effective - as it can be. Instead it would most likely be a quick - and bitter - journey to disillusionament.

I'm sorry if this doesn't appear overly helpful but it is certainly intended as good advice.

~ Ravenscraig ~

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't help him. I don't run Tau, His goal is mechanized Tau. What would be the best stuff for him?

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
I can't help him. I don't run Tau, His goal is mechanized Tau. What would be the best stuff for him?
Hey there, I was just teasing! My advice would be for him to read the FAQs first - there's even a very good one about mech Tau by Lost Nemesis (and others?). In any event, a suit-heavy Army isn't really mech Tau, for that you need the mobility and protection of the Devilfishes/Warfishes, arguably - with good reason - probably the best troop transport in the game. The FAQ articles might answer many of the questions and will, in all likelihood, give a better pointer as to what he's after. From the way you're posting, I'm assuming he's a chum of yours?

~ Ravenscraig ~

·
Registered
129 Posts
Family actually. Where are the FAQ? Do you mean Tacticas in which case I only saw 1. Could you give me some links please.

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
Family actually. Where are the FAQ? Do you mean Tacticas in which case I only saw 1. Could you give me some links please.
Ahh, OK, that figures. Actually, when I said FAQ I meant the Articles and Tacticas Section. Try:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tau/80672-index-tau-articles-tactica.html

In any event, if my technical skills have failed me it's the last entry in the first section of the Tau Forum and there's a good index in there of all the articles, all of which are well worth a careful read - there's a HUGE amount of knowledge and experience encapsulated in them.

~ Raven ~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts