Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was browsing on the interwebs, and I came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZINm3bF70&feature=youtu.be
This is, to date, my favorite color scheme I have every seen for tau, and I would definitely like to paint a riptide of my own (and possibly some crisis suits) in this color scheme, does anyone has any advice on how to go about doing this? I have never painted white before.

I was thinking of:

1. Undercoating white

2. Painting black parts with abaddon black

3. Painting White parts with caledor sky, and then ceramite white (I believe this will produce the "cold white" that he was talking about in the video, If I am wrong about this, please let me know)

4. Painting Red parts with mephiston red

and then I am clueless from then on

I this a good place to start? What paints should I use to highlight? Should I highlight at all? Should I use grey instead of black? If not, what grey should I use to brighten up the black a bit?

I you guys can help me nail this color scheme down, I will love you forever

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that the first thing to make sure of is that your results are neat. The black first and then the white sounds good because you can clean up any mess left from the black by covering it with the white. Try to always use thin layers when painting white. It will go chalky otherwise.
will it look good if i leave the black parts straight black? or should I use a really dark grey?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
will it look good if i leave the black parts straight black? or should I use a really dark grey?
I think that it's a matter of taste. Personally I would go for the black. It will give the bet contrast and it won't be as intrusive on the overall paint job. Very dark grey can look good too, it is simply a case of if you like the grey then you should use it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that it's a matter of taste. Personally I would go for the black. It will give the bet contrast and it won't be as intrusive on the overall paint job. Very dark grey can look good too, it is simply a case of if you like the grey then you should use it.
Should I try doing any highlights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts