Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont know how to paint my tau. wolud red metallic and boltgun be good?
I want a technoish hightech color. any suggestions?

·
Registered
237 Posts
in my oppinion, the way tau look high tech is by using no metallics, try any colour that is not too dark, as this makes thwem look too sinister....

my oppinion (and proven, and looks good) is too undercoat them white, then mix in an empty paint jar 3 parts blue ink to one part green...then, lightly apply that to the model then pick out any extra detail with a contrasting colour, or regal blue, that looks good.....

anyway, high techness is not shown by metallics, it is shown by noin metallics that look good, cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I like white schemes at Tau, on the 2:nd side (opposite the cover) of the Codex, there is a lovely scheme I use myself for copetition models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well now, hello! If you haven't seen me around here it's because I wasn't around here before, either that or you're blind. Now, I have a sizeable Daemon Hunters Army and I have a friend who seems obbssesed with how much Tau suck. Just to prove him wrong, I have challenged him to a battle with me wielding a tau army that I plan to start tommorrow, and him armed with a Tyranid hive fleet. As I am still thinking about what color scheme I should use.... I am appealing for suggestions. Right now, I am going for a skull white undercoat. then 70-30 mix of Codex gray and chaos black for the undersuit. for the armor I'm leaving the white there, and painting all the sensor thingums that are kindof like eyes like a High Elf gem (another army I collect). as for the skin, I am rather undecided..... any ideas or faults within my scheme that I should have seen but havent?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use a color scheme of white and yellow. withe for the clothing and yellow for the armor. i found it satisfying, becaus it suits the fluff. ( they live mostly on hot planets with a lot of deserts) so light colors would do best,

but that is my humble opinion :p

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
318 Posts
Personally the schemes I like most are the ones that have been inspired by others, but are completely different.

IE I think you could take inspiration from Mark Owen's army, but use different colors, and/or apply them differently. This way your army is UNIQUELY yours, and still fits the vision you had for it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I got a Pathfinder Shas'ui and Sheild drone. Sadly, I lost the guns and made them out of the sheild drone's antennae so I still got a gun drone, and I painted them red gore with blood red parts. Then, I highlighted all the small stuff in black, gave it a LIGHT black ink wash, and they came out looking pretty good! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Firewarriors: Catachan green for the armor plates, jungle camo on the fatigues.
XV-8's: Catachan green, some panels white, black on those thin lines, machinery black and those things on the side of the arms and jetpacks which looks like bolts = tin bitz.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the conversion and the painting looks really awsome :w :w

just like the rest of your stuff i saw one your site. really weldone :w :w
keep going like this and no-one will ever stop us fro reaching the greater good

--for the greater good--

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.