Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's O'Shova or Farsight, however you wanna call him.
I've converted him today from a normal crisis suit. It only took about 2 hours, but I'm very satisfied with the results.

The blade is from a eldar wraithlord of a friend of mine (i'm very glad he gave me his one). The rest is all stuff from Tau sprues, nothing special actually.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Might want to size down on those pictures..Just a thought.

Other than that - a really really cool looking model. Makes Tau Battlesuits look alot less "plain".

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Those are pretty awesome looking wings - great posing as well, he really looks like he's about to put that gigantic blade of his to some very good use!

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
This has to be one of the coolest battlesuits I've seen :dance:. What are the wings made out of? I can see a few antenna and what appears to be some pulse rifles but I'm not sure about the main frame. Lovely use of the Wraithlord sword too, it really fits the Tau style well. Got any ideas for a paint scheme?

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
The Dawn Blade looks awesome but I'm not a fan of the wings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx alot.

Biggest part was to shrink down his backpack to this degree, I don't think it can get any smaller. Since he's some sort of close combat fighter I didn't want him to be so bulky as crisis normaly are. But after shrinking it down he looked so small that I had to enlarge him someway without making him bulky again. My girlfriend came up with the idea to make him more gundam-wing looking.

Paint sheme will be the inverted sheme of my army. Mainly red with darkened gold and some boltgun metal. (the blade will be some silver type with blue flashes) Of yourse hell get the farsight enclave logo on his shield ;)

I don't think I'll paint him soon since I want to paint some other stuff first, but, we'll see. After I'm done I'll definitly post some pics and bump this thread again.

@Seasonreaper:
the wings are mainly made of xv8 burst canons and some parts which I cutted away while shrinking the backpack.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
Really like the wings, distinctive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it doesn't look like Commander Farsight
You think so ?
Of course it's not the typical xv8 crisis suit.
But I really thought about this. Farsight is some sort of close combat fighter. So his suit should be more flexible. I shrunk his backpack down and enhanced the legs a bit.

Additionally, the sword makes much more sense in the same hand as the plasma rifle since he either hits somebody with it or shoots from some distance. Actually I've never seen somebody fight with a close combat and ranged weapon at the same time against different enemies, not even in a movie.He also may fire the plasma rifle in addition in close combat fluffwise this way, maybe when he wants to penetrate some vehicle armor.

The wings of course ... are just decoration and without any real purpose. At least I like to think that he's got some antigrav technology in there which stabilizes him while flying since his backpack is maybe less powerfull due to it's size.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like it, much more "in your face" than the typical suit. Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Tekore
That's right :D
Actually I'm planning to play him as an attention whore.
He's looking dangerous and he also got a dangerous profile and he might even strike some (non storm)terminators down or something. But he'll just jump arround and poke the enemy a bit to draw all the firepower on him. I'm not planning to give him a 7 crisis bodyguard team. If the enemy get distracted for one or two turns and uses most stuff to kill him thats enough for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing special?! You're too modest Orni.
you can give some rep if you think so ;)

nah, seriously, he turned out to be cool just by accident. I never had a final model in mind while building him. Just addes stuff ehere I thought it would look good. The weapon was the only thing I was planning to do this way. I took a drone as a shield since an attack drone was on my table and I got the idea to do so. The backpack were shrunken down just as much as possible and the head had to be done this way since it didn't fit in the original shape and I had to saw the back part of and add some more stuff to the front site to make the head bigger again. The two antennas cover the ugly parts xD

As I mentioned earlier the wings were just added to make him bigger since the shrunken backpack made him so small. I build most of my models this way, one tiny cool idea is the beginning and the rest evolves while building it. Almost all my bigger models are done in one or two hours since I keep adding stuff till I'm satisfied without thinking to much. If something looks cool and is fluff acceptable I'll add it.

A friend of mine works over a week for one model, people are different I guess.
He's doing sketches and stuff and only starts building if he got the final result exactly in mind. However, I decide how my models will look like depending on the material I have, while building it.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
That's a terrific conversion! Really, really like it.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
I agree, the wings are very cool. A very good use of bits! Almost repworthy...

+Rep

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think I'll paint him soon since I want to paint some other stuff first, but, we'll see. After I'm done I'll definitly post some pics and bump this thread again.
So, here he is:

And here with some crisis of mine:

Yeah, I know, I'm not very good at painting. However, I'm satisfied with the results.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts