Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering buying him for a long time and if i dont do it soon i never will but when reading about him it add's on the Taros campaign page 170
"(* Any model attacking Shas'o R'myr in close combat will be wounded on a roll of 4+ before resolving its attacks)"

Now i have a few questions:
1) on top of his normal special rules does he have a Shas'o stat line ??
2) do the models attacking him get normall armour and Invun saves?
3) so against 30 orks attacking him i could in affect kill 10 of these before combat even starts - correct?
4) has anyone played with him and is he worth getting as other tau special commanders arn't worth the points.

thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/rmyr2.pdf

This PDF is an update to R'myr's rules. Until Forgeworld decide to republish them in another book they will be on their website.

So to answer your questions

1) see linked PDF. Due to basic Initiative, against the Ork Boyz R'myr gets to attack normally first, then the flechettes go off, then the Orks hit back. R'myr probably won't survive this as he may take down half the unit but if the Nob survives the Power Klaw will finish R'myr off even with the special shield generator

2) armour and invulnerable saves may be taken against the flechette dischargers

3) statistically 50% of them will be wounded, they will then have to make saves. Assuming 30 boyz, 15 will be wounded, 12-13 should die. Then the remaining Orks can attack. Note that this is a single use ability.

4) I have played with him. He's not bad but for his price (including the mandatory drones) I could almost get a pair of Fireknife Shas'el, which will probably be more useful.
In my opinion R'myr is one of the better Tau special characters but that's not saying much as they are all rather lacklustre for their points.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I was thinking he is over priced - I think he would be cool against some units but i agree his not worth his points but then is any of our special characters!

·
Registered
261 Posts
He's not over priced per se, as a comparable Shas'o (twin-linked plasma rifles, shield generator, ejections system, hard-wired drone controller and target lock) comes to 150pts before drones are bought. For the extra 10pts R'myr gets the flechette dischargers, 3+ invulnerable in close combat and exchange twin-linked rapid fire for assault 2. I think that's a bargin. I think it is more that I can think of other things that would be more useful to spend the points on.

The only time I field him now is for the occasional Apocalypse game.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's not over priced per se, as a comparable Shas'o (twin-linked plasma rifles, shield generator, ejections system, hard-wired drone controller and target lock) comes to 150pts before drones are bought. For the extra 10pts R'myr gets the flechette dischargers, 3+ invulnerable in close combat and exchange twin-linked rapid fire for assault 2. I think that's a bargin. I think it is more that I can think of other things that would be more useful to spend the points on.

The only time I field him now is for the occasional Apocalypse game.
I would agree from what you have put his good value but does anyone every play a hq as expensive as that - usually its as many as you can get for cheap.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Well, Farsight comes in at slightly more than R'myr's basic cost before R'myr takes the obligatory drones, and Shadowsun beats Farsight with a higher cost too but comes in at 1 Shield Drone's cost less than a fully-drone-equipped R'myr. So yes, there are expensive HQs out there which folks use, yet one is more likely to see these two on the battlefield than R'myr, probably because the latter is a Forgeworld model and therefore possibly subject to opponent's agreement. Or more likely because you can get 2 Shas'el Fireknife+ models for the cost of R'myr!

The other advantage R'myr gives is the ability to use the other fancy XV8s as his bodyguards, but hey - that's kinda loads of money! Never mind the points!

E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts