Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is interesting. I just got my copy of White Dwarf #280. It says in the Eye of Terror preview that Tau are on the side of evil/forces of disorder. Anyone know why this is so?

·
Registered
11 Posts
cant agree with you there if you lock closely at the page you se a frame around the other chaotic races while Tau stand four it self nether four or agenst the order

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see that, but you would think they would put a note or something saying that.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well Tau isn't really evil, they're just against the imperium (as they want their own). And as everything is written from the imperial point of view, that classifies them as 'evil' :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea good point, and I'm guessing that the Imperials were the highest bidder for the Kroot. Also, when they did the Vogen campain Tau was fighting for the good side. This campain will be very interesting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
lol the goody goody tau being bad pplz....i cant really see that

i dunt tink the tau history will really let the games workshop ppl make the tau evil

·
Registered
523 Posts
And the Tau are very alien from the imperium which makes them definetly a target for the Imperium. At least eldar look human somewhat. Tau dont come close. I guess the Imperium really wish it would of cleansed Tau when it had the chance. He he :lol: The Tau are expanding much like Imperium did so long ago, its time to move over Marines something meatier has hit the table. :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Tau are for the common good...

In the Eye of terror campaign I woulden't put my finger for the tau on the evil side, but there is nothing that sais the opposite...

If I remember it right Tau are rated as on the evil side, well through imperial eyes at least.
The Tau see their oppertunity(correctly spelled??) to expand their empire when the Imperium has their eyes and forces fixed on the Cadian gate and the eye of terror...

so, evil... not directly, although their actions will be against the empire, and thereby "helping" chaos.
In their own sence, evil, no their just fighting for their own empire...

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you look at that page agian you see that the Tau are in the grey section, notice how all the other races are in white pages (excuse the pun). The Tau are hunkering down and shooting any one that advances on their empire.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Notice also that it diesn't say Forces of Evil, it says Forces of Disorder... just as the Tyranids are not on the side of Chaos, neither are the Tau. They're just a nuisance in the area, might attack Imperials moving through their territory, might try and expand their empire. They might even get bumped over to the Forces of Order if the crap hits the fan hard enough :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Tau arent just sitting around though. Its their time as they see it and everyone would be best working towards the Taus greater good. The Tau are looking to expand their colonies and their idealism. Its time to spread the word of the Tau and get people on board and at the same time colonize a few worlds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tau is allied with no one, and works with almost no other races. It uses the mercinares or other races that are under tau command. Tau work for the greater good, so i dunt think dey will have time to actually fight FOR chaos, prolly juss like a little side problem of the imperium, and therefore called the enenmy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Exactly. At the moment, the Tau couldn't care less about what's happening with the Imperium at the moment. Although the Tau are rumoured to be getting new toys from Fire Warrior (Orca Dropship, Manta Missile Destroyer *insert evil laugh here* etc), our orders are simple: kill ANYBODY who intrudes in our territory and sit back and watch the fireworks as the rest of the 40K universe kills each other :D . I'd also think that we'd have more probs with the 'Nids seeming as they're coming for lunch at our doorstep...

·
Registered
182 Posts
taus real enemies now r:...orks, nids, and das about it

and the new tau vehicles they are coming out with...looks NICE!!!! ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
The tau also fights the Empire look at the Damicles crusade. Where did you see these "new" Tau tanks?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Please note, I said rumoured. Although I have seen prototype 40k models for the Manta, they may or may not release them. (And before people start saying I may have seen the Epic Manta, the ones I saw were roughly 3x the size of a 40K Thunderhawk Gunship)

I have also heard rumours that that O'Shovah's boys maybe getting some 'renegade' Tau models...

·
Registered
182 Posts
forge world, i wuz referring to the barracuda and tigerlilly.

yeah, they fought imperium in the damocles crusade, but dat wuzn't prolonged and isnt as much as how tau fight tyraniid and ork

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.