Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions of my forgeworld conversion.
Original model is R'myr,

And a WIP shot of the dawn axe.

Edit:

My apologies for the small sizes.
I just used the clickable thumbnail link from photobucket and this worked on a different forum.
Also in the meanwhile, i've did a bit of touching up on the painting, cleaned the highlights a bit and gave the gold another layer which was necessary.

Also while i'm at it.
The dark red on the plasma rifle etc is valleyo's scab red.
Anyone know of a good highlight color for it?
Adding white to it doesn't really seem to be such a good idea.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Aww... I thought I liked what I saw, and went to enlarge the pics to see all the work you'd done...

And I can't.

Any chance we can get larger pictures? The colours look really good but that's about all I can make out at the moment!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Well, that certainly makes things clearer! Thanks for the bigger pics, I can now tell for sure that I like him!

Regarding the red - I think adding orange to the red (or just using the orange straight) works better as a highlight than adding white. This is only what I've read somewhere, I'm not sure that I've ever tried in myself.

The 'axe' does look a bit more shield array like than an axe, in my eyes, but being an alien artefact I suppose it can damn well look however it wants! Nice conversion, and the bold colour scheme really brings it alive. Good job!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.