Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
I believe Human Auxilleries are 6 points each, correct?
I would much rather get a Fire Warrior than 2 Human Auxilleries!

Die!
Evil Basalisk!

·
288 Posts
I agree that the Human Aux. are cheap but nothing more. The only reason why I'd include them would be for fluff purposes. Their cheapness adds nothing to your army. They have an equal to worse statline, worse weapons and smaller unit size than any Tau unit. Furthermore, depending on your opponent (Imperium) they become even more vulnerable.

In summary, this level of point efficiency is poor.

A redeeming factor would be if a Troop Unit were structured more like an IG Troop unit where multiple 10-man squads make up a single Troop choice. Since it doesn't, it seems a waste to use one of your Troop slots on them.

Jon

·
Registered
222 Posts
i hope they make more stuff with the auxiliaries. at least add one fast attack and heavy choice with humans. how about bikes?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The human auxiliaries are very good as diversions. Also they are reasonably good in CC, having a ws of 3 and 2 attacks. If you use them to sheild your fire warriors, they are very good. In my mind, they are better than kroot. Mainly because they have armour saves. I don't give them EMP grenades, to keep them low points. They are also good to use if u play farsight enclave (like me), so you have more troop options to replace kroot and gun drone squads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i dont think that they should have the platoon system but i do think that they should have heavy weapons - they are tau so they use tau's command structure but surely they must've kept soma of their heavy weapons form their imperial day's

·
Registered
222 Posts
by just giving them a heavy weapon, their effectiveness doubles. yea hear me, GAMESWORKSHOP!? by allowing one heavy weapon to the aux, you will get so much more money cause everyone will buy them!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Better than that: because no models exist, people would have to buy at least the double number of figs to make the conversions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Oct 7 2003, 11:59
by just giving them a heavy weapon, their effectiveness doubles. yea hear me, GAMESWORKSHOP!? by allowing one heavy weapon to the aux, you will get so much more money cause everyone will buy them!!
dude i found it!! it seems they do allow heavy weapons. I'll try to enter the link: (although I'm not sure it'll work....)

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imp.../unorthodox.htm

go down to the auxiliary section, and it'll mention water caste tau providing black market heavy weapons and special weapons.

ITS AWESOME!!!! does this make human auxiliaries worth it??

·
Registered
89 Posts
That would be awesome - the ultimate shooty army of tau and IG with heavy weapons. It would be good to use some of the IG as a wall while your tau shoot the hell out of the enemy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The armies represented are all Imperial Guard armies, all made with the same codex. It's just the fluff that's different.
It always was possible to field a IG army next to a Tau army (multiple organisation charts), they just made it very fluffy (and very well done).

It's only to bad that they cannot get Tau weaponry.

Jozef

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, seeing as I started off with IG then switched over to fight for the greater good ...

There's no excuse for me not to somehow include a squad of these buggers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I looked over the section on Imperial Guard in Tau on that posted link. It talks about using heavy weapons and special weapons squads, and letting you customize a Sentinel with Tau weaponary, but there are no specifics. Is this legal to play with them, and point to the website? I highly doubt that, and if you do, how are you going to make points costs for these things? I really hope this is something that they will continue to develop, it would be interesting. I get the feeling its more meant to be playing Imperial Guard, with a Tau flavor, rather than Tau with auxilliaries, but hey I can hope.

Myself, I have a 20 Gue'la, they are just regular Cadian Stormtroopers, with very little conversion, basically just some are equipped with pulse rifles. I didnt have the money to shell out for a full squad of firewarriors and Cadians to do proper conversions, and now sorta wish I would have just bought firewarriors.
They are handy in several ways though, and a nasty surprise to some. Their ability to hold markerlights make them a good asset, and I mainly use them to just stand in front of my broadsides and play speed-bumps. When having a Farsight army, they provide that missing quality that kroot add for regular tau. Sometimes they even surprise me, they were a star unit in a game against an Eldar player earning back their points and then some.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you really want pulse rifles on your humans, resort to the Vehicle design rulez.
There pulse rifles are seven points so a human with pulse rilfe would get 13 points.
Not legal, but I would agree playing against them.

Jozef

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.