Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's really off topic (hence the category), and...well...really uninteresting, but who the heck cares. Just thought I'd let you know that I actually live in a place called Tau (does that make me superhuman, with lots o cool guns?)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My grandmother was born in "Elben", which is the German name of the Tolkienesque Elves. I also know that there is a town called Isengard, somewhere in Hessia.

jwu

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Look at Norway...
Find Stavanger, on the other side of the fjord about east north east direction you will find a place called Jørpeland and a place called Tau.

You can find me to the west of stavanger in a place called Tananger...

Sheriffe!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Oh by the way there is a place in Norway called Hell, Madland, Toten(which means death in german), several places calledc Moi.
ANd there is also place when translated to english will sound like "Close boo"

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Shure you have!
You have Gjævle or something like that, in Norwegian it translates too something like jævel, that most closely to english would be something like devil...

Chin chin!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Yeah... There's loads of wierd names in Sweden! We used to have a summerhouse in Småland and every time we drove there we came through a place called Bösebacken which said in Danish would mean '****** Hill'!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I dunno... People there seemed kind enough... A little loose on the wrists perhaps, but aren't all Swedish people? :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
yeah, finaly a good off-topic discussion
as Dragonslayero said, there's a place in norway called HELL
and when you land, the first sing you see is Welcome To Hell, "Have a nice stay" (at least when i was there)
and in the area you also have Hell bar, Hell Cafe....

I supposed BorninDarkness saw a sightseeing of Mianus on the very educative show: Jackass

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, for you guys who read dirty magz, there's also, actually a place here called "Fister". beat that!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I personally like Madland the best.
How about Sirdalen, that would translate into Sirwalley.
Stavanger would be stickregret.
Tananger would be toothregret.

How about Drammen, that would be "the drink" or maybe the shot... as in a whisky shot...

Kasutta!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
We've also got a little village in Jutland called Paris.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.