Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's quite obvious that GW has been looking at japanese mechanical design (from manga and anime) when constructing the Tau army. And when you look at the Tau codex and see the battlesuit in the background it seems to be a real giant, but it's only a suit. I want the super heavy walker - a real mecha! Like a Hammerhead with legs or something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
as i said in the "we need a new battle suit"-thread:

...What I would like to see though, is some kind of multi-legged walker. Like the spider tank from Ghost In the Shell. Tau military philosophy is all about mobility, and a spider tanks legs makes it able to move easily through dense forests (if not very quickly, but wth). Flamers or burst cannons would look nice, dunno about the usefulness, depends on point cost of course. Ion cannon would be kind of sweet. Or whatever. And if they wanna stick with the sea-creature-theme in vehicle names, why not name it... Mega Shrimp of Death, Doom, Destruction and Complete and Utter Ninja-Bonanza Madness of Horror and Decay (or just "Crab")?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah! That's what I want! :wub:

...What I would like to see though, is some kind of multi-legged walker. Like the spider tank from Ghost In the Shell.
I read that in the suit-thread and I am very much familiar with the tank in question. It is a mech alright, but I want the humanoid type. But I totally agree with you - I think tau should have more big vehicles.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Reminds me too much of Mech Warriors.... mebbe with the normal Tau paint job?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by Babel_Matrix@Sep 29 2003, 16:07
Reminds me too much of Mech Warriors.... mebbe with the normal Tau paint job?
I could've sworn I posted a reply here yesterday...

Anyway, I was gonna say that you're right about it looking familiar... as it seems to be a nice melding of two battletech clan mechs, the madcat and the vulture.

·
288 Posts
agressiveskater5558,

No, they are Armorcast models for Battletech mechs. But they are the same scale. Earlier in this thread I posted a picture where someone modified the Madcat model to include a Tau Devilfish body for the 'torso' section and replaced the weapon systems with Tau weapons from the Hammerhead.

Since they are 28mm scale and there are VDR (Vehicle Design Rules) that exist for Tau (a White Dwarf issue) you can technically make up a walker vehicle to include with your Tau army.

Not all game shops or tournaments allow VDR though so check before you spent any money.

Enjoy,
Jon

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe they are in the August 2002 issue, not sure which number that was, but I think itt was like 270, 271, or 272.

Also, If you get Army Builder from http://www.wolflair.com
and download the W40K datafile
It has the vehicle design rules in it.
To make them show up, you have to select: Settings->Show Vehicle Design Rules

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.