Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I've donloaded it and played with it a fews times and it is pretty darn good.

The tau really are like the TT version and when its totally finished should be sweet.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Is it complete and good? I downloaded the beta version ages ago, and I have to be honest I was not impressed.

Also there were issues with the mod interfering with Winter Assault (according to a friend). Do you know if this is all cleared up?

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
I don't seem to have any problems with the Tau Mod and Winter Assault. I still think that a lot of balancing issues have to be solved and some (read: All) of the buildings are still untextured but the team is aware of this particular problem and they have said that it will be fixed slowly with the final release having all the textures and stuff. It is far from complete but I have to say it is good. Original voice-acting and stuff like that too (some of the unit quotes are fairly humourous).

My two main gripes right now are that Fire Warriors seem a bit overpowered for a basic troop (in early game) and Broadsides are somewhat impractical due to their slow speed. They do pwn once they get within firing range but are they really worth the cost? Just a few things to think about.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Yeah I agree, I probably would overrate it as it the only mod i've ever managed to get to work.

The stealth suit voices are absolutly priceless.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
I downloaded it and its abseloutely the best mod I've ever seen.. Which isn't saying much, since I tend to have a low opinion of most mods.. But yeah, it's really very good.

There are a few problems, which no doubt they will sort out in future versions.

There is a glitch on units firing and moving.. regardless of where the target is, they will always fire straight ahead, which creates a wierd effect and can be very confusing.

Balance issues.. Broadsides are pointless (a lot of people say they are in the game, I know.. but here they're really pointless) and fire warriors are far, far too good.. two squads will cut down an eldar farseer in seconds. For reference, two squads of space marines wouldn't even dent her before she got to their lines. The thing is, most units in dawn of war have different levels of effect against different units.. i.e. bolters can take out infantry, but heavy infantry are quite resistant to them. Fire warriors just seem to be good against everything except vehicles and buildings (even then they're okay.)

That said, the models and voice acting (although the voice acting is far from complete, expect the commander to shout 'for the glory of the Imperium' every so often) are great, despite the occasional animation problems. Hammerheads really need a rotatable turret (and a decent muzzle flare, and possibly some sign of recoil like the broadsides have), crisis suits need graphics for their interchangable weapons, and the etherial looks a bit bland in the texture department compared to the other units. However, these are minor things.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tau mod is horribly imbalanced, the worse of the mods out there in terms of balancing. However, it has custom skins, models, animations, buildings and units which are far above the standard of most mods out there. X3

In other news, Necron mod has announced they've completed all their units, but aren't releasing them cause they hate us. :p

Kidding.

They are testing and balancing, but only for select people. I think the Blood Angels mod is also undergoing that kind of testing where they aren't accepting applications. :p

Dawn of Steel for WA's supposedly in the testing stage and gearing up for release...

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
I'd like to see the IPN team update their Inquisition Mod to Winter Assault. I can't get it to work with my game anymore :(

I think they need to work out the balancing issues in that mod too - Grey Knights are a little underpowered for my tastes.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
The eclipse of existance necron mod is looking awesome, there is some footage with wraiths in it that is worth watching, unfortunately I can't remember the site I got it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts