Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to lack of effort being put into sleeping i decided to post pictures of some of my converted models and armies that are lying around. Playing tau for 3 years and my army still isnt fully painted so no comments on the suits heh, i am constantly tearring them up and reposing them and i think ive come to my final phase after watching 300, it seemed to suit so well with my deep red/bronze colour scheme that i just couldnt resist. My khornate terminators are pretty old now, made when the updated marine terminator plastic were 'new' but thought you guys n gals might want a look. Everyone who plays 'nids seems to mimic Alien in some aspect so i figured il go one step further and make the Alien, pre 5th ed i was able to jsut play with Aliens (fexs/tyrants) and Chestbusters (rippers) but now im going ot have to invest and convert a few stealer mobs to play a legal army... Kept conversions nice n simple by filing off the majority of th spikes and other un-Alien bits n pieces. both tails are broken off the tyrants due to my case :S my doubly twin linked daka tyrant is the most hated model in our gaming club because of its nasty habit of munching lone special characters and the odd scout squad or guard platoon it spies. Keeping the heads smooth was a major factor in the conversion and was probably the hardest bit, trying to smooth them to perfection as this is my tournament army so has to look pretty :p

Anyway im done rambling for a while n hope this will keep people interested for a while n maybe inspire a few ideas of other people. If you want any more pictures of a specific model just post and il have them up within a few days.

Hope you enjoy,
Kaannn

Reactions: Leech

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
That lot are interesting. I like how you have given your Crisis suits different heads, the normal ones look too much like CCTV cameras to me. The Tyranids are interesting too. I have seen Alien type Tyranids around and these look like Alien types. I think you could try to pay more attention to detail. The teeth on the Tyranids could benefit from a little skull white on them. Also try to do something with the tongues and remove the mould lines from them. Overall I find them a good interesting lot to look at.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
It all looks nice, but the khorne guys are my favourite, with the tau suits, Its just me but I don't like the look of too much gold, I think its very much a small area color, it looks terrible (the paint) on almost anything.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
very nice conversions there. I really like the aliens scheme you have as they look just like it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Really nice conversions there, the 'nids look ace, though the Khorne termies are my favourite, very impressive, congrats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts