Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone else on LO had any newly invented units that they would like to share with other tau players. I was thinking to myself that the tau need a super heavy tank to further the greater good and to do it with more ease...So I was tinkering with the cool vdr and I decided to create one such worthy behemoth to be called to further the greater good.I have redone my very own tau titan tank, any ides and comments would be appreciated.Its basically what the tau embody, godly firepower and lots of it so here it is...

Name:
undecided

Front Armour: Side Armour: Rear Armour:
14 14 14

Type:
War Machine, Skimmer

Size:
War machine

Speed:
Lumbering

Structure Points:

Weapons:
2 GAtling Railguns
1 Mega Gatling Long Barreled Ion Cannon
1 Gatling Long Barreled Burst Cannnon
1 Mega Twin-linked Long Barreled Missle Pod

Special Options:
Skimmer
3 Void Shields

Vehicle Category:
War Machine

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im still working on it but i think im going to do a FA crisis suit. They already have an elite and HS so ill post again when im done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yea im going to find a way to imporove upon the current jetpacks. Im making the rules so It can take more andvantage of the JSJ ability.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Planning on incresing the distance they can JSJ? That might be a little overpowered some might say.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey in the "old" codex they have stories about different Tau stuff. Maybe in the new one or one in the future, the Tau will encounter a TITAN whist on a campaign to spread the greater good. Hopefully the tau will master this concept of technology and make their own, but it wouldnt need a specialized crew, so it could be mass produced and thus vanquish all other life forms in the galaxy and ultimantly fulfill their destiny to have everyone live in harmony... Oops little carried away there.

As for other alein species in the tau like new vespids and kroot GW should decide if Tau are srong enough to live without any somewhat decent CC mercs. if they decide to keep aleins then at least make them a little better like power weapons (for shapers) or other ways to mount their own heavy and elites.

Bobotheguy

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
bobotheguy said:
Hey in the "old" codex they have stories about different Tau stuff. Maybe in the new one or one in the future, the Tau will encounter a TITAN whist on a campaign to spread the greater good. Hopefully the tau will master this concept of technology and make their own, but it wouldnt need a specialized crew, so it could be mass produced and thus vanquish all other life forms in the galaxy and ultimantly fulfill their destiny to have everyone live in harmony... Oops little carried away there.

As for other alein species in the tau like new vespids and kroot GW should decide if Tau are srong enough to live without any somewhat decent CC mercs. if they decide to keep aleins then at least make them a little better like power weapons (for shapers) or other ways to mount their own heavy and elites.

Bobotheguy
For christ sake dont bring up the subject of power weapons and Tau, I tried once and never again.

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
The Kroot Shapers should have the option to loot stuff, they are Mercs afterall. Maybe not something as complex as a powerfist but I see no problem with giving them a simple power weapon, or an evicerator.

Tell me I'm wrong if I am, but I saw a guy using a kroot mercs list and his shaper had an evicerator. It wasn't uber all killy powerful, but it sure made the kroot actually worthwhile rather than being a useless meaty lump.

And Tau have already encountered Titans to my knowledge in the Damocles crusade.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Triumph Of Man said:
Tell me I'm wrong if I am, but I saw a guy using a kroot mercs list and his shaper had an evicerator. It wasn't uber all killy powerful, but it sure made the kroot actually worthwhile rather than being a useless meaty lump.
lol so you think that the kroot are a meaty lump?...lol kroot are better than fire warriors for their point(plz don't jump on me for that rikimaru,plz don't)they are great in forest,ruins ect.. and they can be used as a countercharged unit.kroots are the most versatile unit the tau can have so plz don't say they suck it hurts my ear.even though a shaper with eviscerator or power weapon would be sweet :shifty:

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
They're not worth they're points currently. The fact that they are slow speed wise and Init wise means they are crap. Even if they counter charge a unit, the enemy (such as hormagaunts) eats them before they even get to strike. Also they are incompatible with the fish of fury tactic, being unable to selecta transport.

On top of that they have a crap armour save and are unable to benefit from the LD reroll taht the etherreal confers. Not to mention their gun pales in comparison to pulse weaponary. If you want to capture an objective, you might as a well use stealth suits. They are unlikely to get shot off it and they can laydown the hurt firepower wise. Big Woop, they are strength 4 and get 2 attacks each and can infiltrate, stealth suits get that too, plus a myrad of other benefits.

Perhaps with the new codex they might become useful, but at the moment firewarriors are a better choice

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol wow onilairi,rikimaru and other people in this forum are going to eat you for saying kroot sucks.
did you ever look at how cheap kroots were?you get 10 of these cheap but efficient warriors for 70 point!!!saying that their armour suck is noobish,are you one of these people who just makes them run across the board unsupported and not in cover.kroot are made to be in cover,especially forest.their guns are better at killing marines for their point so don't tell me that 'their guns pale in comparision to pulse rifles'.the thing about stealth is dumb because stealth and kroot have nothing in common.stealth are great i know i have 12 of them but kroots have their uses.if they COUNTER assault they won't be hit because the enemy is also fighting the fire warriors so they won't get hit as much.
lol you think fire warriors are better than kroots for their point?well lets look at it for a min
-kroot basically have a bolter,while it is weaker than the pulse rifles they kill marines better for their point
-they use cover better
-are cheaper
-actually have some CC capabilities.
you can say that their armour save sux,true but if you use cover wisely they shold have a 4+ inv save

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
OFF TOPIC!!!!!

Tau faced several Titans before, it's nothing new to them.

I don't see the Tau using Titans, the closest they got is the Mantas, and I don't think we'll be seeing them in 40K.

Plus look at it this way, Titan = Person, Other Army = Swarm of Bees

Swarm of Bees VS Person: Who wins? The Bees win either because the person dies, or he runs away! :D

Mike

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Triumph Of Man said:
They're not worth they're points currently. The fact that they are slow speed wise and Init wise means they are crap. Even if they counter charge a unit, the enemy (such as hormagaunts) eats them before they even get to strike. Also they are incompatible with the fish of fury tactic, being unable to selecta transport.

On top of that they have a crap armour save and are unable to benefit from the LD reroll taht the etherreal confers. Not to mention their gun pales in comparison to pulse weaponary. If you want to capture an objective, you might as a well use stealth suits. They are unlikely to get shot off it and they can laydown the hurt firepower wise. Big Woop, they are strength 4 and get 2 attacks each and can infiltrate, stealth suits get that too, plus a myrad of other benefits.

Perhaps with the new codex they might become useful, but at the moment firewarriors are a better choice

This only indicates you don't know how to use Kroot. Kroot with a patch of forest placed in the center of the board are not only worth it, they're kinda broken.

And kroot are 75% for the shooting 25% for a mob assault.

In regards to Mantas, they are already in 40K, I have the rules from Forgeworld. But like titans, you's almost never get to use them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sir_Prometheus said:
This only indicates you don't know how to use Kroot. Kroot with a patch of forest placed in the center of the board are not only worth it, they're kinda broken.

And kroot are 75% for the shooting 25% for a mob assault
thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please do stay on topic but if you do want to discuss kroot more there is a new post up that you can voice your opinion on but for now lets plaese just stick to new ideas. O and I thought my tank might be called a Leviithan.:w00t: I like the name

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
svalene said:
lol wow onilairi,rikimaru and other people in this forum are going to eat you for saying kroot sucks.
did you ever look at how cheap kroots were?you get 10 of these cheap but efficient warriors for 70 point!!!saying that their armour suck is noobish,are you one of these people who just makes them run across the board unsupported and not in cover.kroot are made to be in cover,especially forest.their guns are better at killing marines for their point so don't tell me that 'their guns pale in comparision to pulse rifles'.the thing about stealth is dumb because stealth and kroot have nothing in common.stealth are great i know i have 12 of them but kroots have their uses.if they COUNTER assault they won't be hit because the enemy is also fighting the fire warriors so they won't get hit as much.
lol you think fire warriors are better than kroots for their point?well lets look at it for a min
-kroot basically have a bolter,while it is weaker than the pulse rifles they kill marines better for their point
-they use cover better
-are cheaper
-actually have some CC capabilities.
you can say that their armour save sux,true but if you use cover wisely they shold have a 4+ inv save
Well said young fella, its painful how many people are just so ignorant to the greatness that is Kroot.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
rikimaru said:
Well said young fella, its painful how many people are just so ignorant to the greatness that is Kroot.
Come now, riki..

Several people before you posted "please stay on topic".. and I will do the same. Please, stay on topic. Comments are probably accepted, as long as they are relevant, and this one wasn't.

Stick to what the topic's about. ^_^

Thanks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 35 Posts