Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q. If a Tau commander is accompanied by Drones can he be targeted as a
separate unit.
A. Yes he can, because of this the Commander should try to join another unit to
avoid being picked on.
[edit: btw, this is from the tau FAQ, I guess I didn't mention that]
I can't possibly be reading this right. Does this suggest that gun drones or shield drones don't actually block incoming fire, at least for a HQ?

First of all this seems contradictory to the Tau codex, secondly it renders handy little things like shield drones useless when you need em the most.

Oh, this is my first post btw, been lurking for only a week, so I'm a noob to the forums, hi. :ph34r:

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey... i think the drones take the hit and all, but its like, the guy joined a unit, and that unit can be targeted... I guess it is a bit stupid... but I guess just dont attach drones... lol those other xv8s sure could use em... lol

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hmm i think this just says that a Tau IC is no longer protected by the IC rules if he has drones, nothing else.
Otherwise it would clearly contradict the codex.

jwu

·
994 Posts
i think drones can take hits for the independant charcter but a drone cant protect a large squad so the squad joined by an independant character would likely take the hit so the squad can be shot at without drones getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What it means is if the commander is joined by drones, that UNIT can be shot at, even if within 6" of another viable target, or not the closest viable target within 12". Essentially, the drones cause the IC to loose the protection normally preventing you from selecting an lone IC as a taget when close to another viable target. The defender still picks out casualties from that unit according to the normal rules. Barring something special from the shooter, and applying the drone rules from the codex, you can't pick to shoot just the IC in a unit.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, thanks. I was begining to suspect that it was something like that. That answer makes sense to me, (well, not in game or fluff terms, but at least it makes sense with respect to the Q&A I quoted).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcoming. That's my first. :D

....And wait a minute, the Codex surpasses the Q&A? Meaning that the rules in the codex stand? I thought the Q&A was intended to amend errors in the codex.

Well if the codex rules, then that's really good to know.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
quote "...the Codex surpasses the Q&A? Meaning that the rules in the codex stand?"

No. Vampiric_Drake8 means the Q&A (or other OFFICIAL errata) replaces the rules in the codex. Whenever the two conflict, the most recent published material, usually the Q&A, is the proper rule.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah......That's what I meant.....The Q&A is always an "update" from the original codex.....ALWAYS remember that!!! Oh and yea..... If anything ultimately confuses you.....Email GW and ask them directly. The Creator always knows everything about Its creations....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.