Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played a guy who had a unit of 5x Crisis Suits with his HQ in the unit.
Now I was looking through the codex and I don't see how he made the unit 5 strong.
Bodyguards are 1-2, and Elite choice Crisis suits say 1-3.
And he wasn't just moving them together. When I shot at them, or they shot, they were as one.

Was he cheating me, or is there a way to combine these units?

·
Registered
7 Posts
well commanders are indipendent charectors so i dont know iff he can attach his indipendent charector to the sqaud with the body guards but it might be possible

·
Stirling
760 Posts
An independent character can join another unit of crisis suits but not if he has a bodyguard. At the most this would be 4 suits. Commander Farsight gives the ability to have up to 7 bodyguards as Bluesystem said. Farsight is usually easy to pick out as he is the only character in our army that has a power weapon. Also, he will be wielding it on his character. The drawback toFarsight is you cannot have any non tau units so if you saw this character with Kroot of Vespids in his list then something is amiss.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry Lost Nemisis but that would still only be 4 suits, 1 Shas'EL/O, 2 bodguards, then another Shas'EL/O joins making it 4 strong. However 2 IC shas'EL/O's could join a 3 man (tau lol) XV8 squad making a 5 man squad,(2 Shas'EL/O's, 2 Shas'UI's, 1 Shas'vre) apart from farsight this is the only way to do it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did he field any chicken looking units, or any insect looking units?

Can you rember what else he fielded, becuase (without lookign at codex) I think it is possible to run O'Shava with 4 body gurads adn a few troops, in 1250 pts, depending on the upgrades.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Even if he had Farsight the army would be illegal, as you need a 1500 point army to use Farsight.

Will you be able to ask him about it later?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.