Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the utterly strict and almost brainwashed ways of the Tau under the Ethereals... I had to wonder... could some sect of Fire caste rebel against the Ethereals? The fluff seems impossible... at first glance. But what if they came across some powerful Chaos artifact, perhaps one that both broke the hold Ethereals have on these Tau warriors and also seduced them to the power of some Chaos god... not to say they gain Chaos powers, but align themselves with Chaos nonetheless. I'm not even gonna write the fluff up before I hear at least ONE person say it's not completely and utterly impossible/ridiculous. Gotta confirm I'm not crazy and whatnot. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, so they already have a break-away... but does Farsight's group really go after Tau? I'm thinking more like a group of Tau out to destroy the Ethereal's control.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:ph34r: Everything's better in CC. Also, I was thinking more Chaos as allies for this kinda fluff, probably a Slaanesh-aligned CSM group.

·
994 Posts
yeah it is possible for chaos. you could just use the adversaries rule but this is only deamons and against daemonhunters.

if you dont use this rule then you will have to get your opponents permission anyway so it will mainly depend on your opponent. i would likely let you use them against me if you had good fluff and reasons for it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If you go to the Daemonhunters section of gamesworkshop.com, they have a really cool conversion for a greater daemon emerging from a battlesuit. Its really cool looking and you can buy all the pieces for it for $40.00 from the website. I was thinking about that myself......

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True, but it would only take so many Chaos-driven assaults against Tau forces to make them quite aware of the present danger. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
one thing i noticed before the launch of the tau was the storry where tau met Dark Eldar i was inraged, wanted to crush them so bad... tehy killed my sweet dark eldar!!! but nice storry btw!!!!
dark eldar unite and crush thoes saavage race (like to call anything that though tau are really smart. still savages)

·
Registered
59 Posts
NONONO NOOOOO!!!!!
NO F***ING CHAOS!!!!!!!!

I play a Tau rebel army, but with the same rules as normal ( dont know how to make em my self)!
One thing is to 'Betray' The Ethreals but NO TAU WOULD EVER BETRAY THE GREATER GOOD! :angry:

Well THATS MY FIRST POST IN LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Soon to be known as cebwj

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yes its possible, name one race that hasnt had a civil war! if your talking about the greater good. look at it this way. maybe the rebel faction doesnt feel like the etherials are for the greater good. and as for allyin with chaos. I wouldnt think so. thats just to out there. I would see them allyin with dark eldar though. but not ever with chaos

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dark elder are not ALL evil, so i se were you'r going...
but I dont think that Tau would ally with chaos...
DEFENETLY NOT MY REBEL ARMY!!!
So we agree :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
there have allready been a lot of groups of tau who have split off their homeplanet years ago ( i'm talking as it would be reality :lol: )

but don't forget that you could easily betray your politicians but never your gods. thats the same with the ethereals and "the greater good". you can betray ethereals but you will never betray "the greater good" as said before. Thats why you could perfectly use the same statistics for your rebel army and ofcourse the same mini's

(altough the carved paterns of the tau homeworld wouldn't fit in with that cind of fluff)

enjoy making some rebels, my ethereals will enjoy even more to wipe them of the face of the tau septs

WOOAAHHAAHHAA

(sorry i got enthusiastic <_< )

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
161 Posts
perhaps there is a small group of Tau who were abducted byAdaptus Mechanicus(in the codex) who were brainwashed to infiltrate the Tau culture and Start an insurection from the inside, and seeing as the Tau were first discovered over 6k years ago, I think they'd have plenty of time to plan. now I'm not sure which army Adaptus Mechanicus belongs to, but surely the rebels would be allied with them in this case. and perhaps if these rebels are allied with the Space Marines invanding the Tau homeworlds, giving them inside information, and eventually they would show themselves and attack as genetically enhanced Tau thanks to the Space Marines Science. Imagine it, STRONG TAU, clearly the Imperium would want this under their control and at their beck and call. This back story would somewhat give more informaiton as to why the Marines are attacking the Tau Empire, perhaps they found out that genetically altered tau are infact more powerfull than the average Space Marine and in a pre-emtive strike are trying to cleans the universe of the Possible Tau threat.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Way ahead of all of you....Have already created my first squad and rules for them. Choas Tau of Tzeench. Hell yes! Already have a full squad of Chaos Kroot. VERY EXPENSIVE thou......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Theres just 2 problems with Tau Rebels;
1. They dont have -any- phycic ability and cannot become Chaos or be affected by the warp.
2. The Ethereals stopped the Tau from wiping themselves out and are pretty much Gods and the central point to the whole 'For the Greater Good' stuff, all the Caste's united under the Ethereals.

I could see the Kroot being warped by Chaos or hired as mercanaries or perhaps a bunch of Air Caste tau explorers being cut off from the Ethereals control and eventually becoming a splinter faction and join another army, but i cant see Tau fighting Tau.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tau shall never hate Tau nor harm them nor kill them for the greater good shall always be our path in the darkness and we will die batteling next to our brothers for the greater good.

I've spoken

Aun'el Tolku Or'es Mont'yr

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
21 Posts
hmm... but they can be mercenery tau, like the kroot, and after spending long times with the kroot, maybe they devour carcasses too? like how ork hunters on Armegeddon turned orky?? then these mercenery tau would want to eat the ethereals for their psychic powers...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.